Why become a member? ×

guess who I bumped into at spec savers the other day

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1458062119' post='3004331']
I thought that you and another couple of basschatters were having a dig .
Sorry if I offended you with my reply.
;(
[/quote]

I'm lost.

I thought a double post about going to the opticians was quite funny.

Thought twins was the ultimate in seeing double and bumping into yourself.

Didn't know which was the real thread - hence evil twin.

Sometimes my thoughts don't even make sense to me. Maybe too convoluted...

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1458064462' post='3004370']
No need . You didn't find the post funny .
I didn't understand tau zeros comment (fiddling)
[/quote]

My guess was there's two famous Niros - One's "Bob D.", the other one did a violin solo while Rome burned allegedly.
Laugh? I nearly bought a round in!

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1458064942' post='3004377']
My guess was there's two famous Niros - One's "Bob D.", the other one did a violin solo while Rome burned allegedly.
Laugh? I nearly bought a round in!
[/quote]

There's a famous Niro and a famous Nero. Dammit, I'm too well educated for this place.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1458126014' post='3004874']

There's a famous Niro and a famous Nero. Dammit, I'm too well educated for this place.
[/quote]

PS. Nero, of course, didn't actually Fiddle as the violin hadn't been invented at that point, not was he actually in Rome when the fire broke out though one might implicitly think he was. He did perform on the lyre, however. Exactly how well is impossible to say as he is unlikely to have had any critics.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1458126234' post='3004880']
PS. Nero, of course, didn't actually Fiddle as the violin hadn't been invented at that point, not was he actually in Rome when the fire broke out though one might implicitly think he was. He did perform on the lyre, however. Exactly how well is impossible to say as he is unlikely to have had any critics.
[/quote]

Rumour at the time was Nero didn't like the negative comments about his lyre solo. Next thing anyone knew was Rome was burning.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1458126014' post='3004874']
[/quote]
I knew that - Boys only Grammar School Headucation A level Classics AND Archaeology here.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1458126234' post='3004880']
[/quote]

I knew that too dawg gawnnit! I don't know, I salvage your post from RATM's ire - restore peace and tranquility to a doomed thread - and you go all Bamber Gascoigne on us!

:angry: :lol:

Edited by Big_Stu

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1458153657' post='3005195']...and you go all Bamber Gascoigne on us!...
[/quote]

That's not Bamber Gascoigne. [i]This [/i]is Bamber Gascoigne in his heyday...

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1458153657' post='3005195']

I knew that - Boys only Grammar School Headucation A level Classics AND Archaeology here.

I knew that too dawg gawnnit! I don't know, I salvage your post from RATM's ire - restore peace and tranquility to a doomed thread - and you go all Bamber Gascoigne on us!

:angry: :lol:
[/quote]

That's Bambi!