Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Basses. Prices go up.?

bubinga5

Short question/query.... Does anyone think that the prices of these basses will go up over time.? Shuker basses were relatively cheap at one point, with time the prices (as they should for such fantastic instruments) have gone up.

I remember when Sadowsky Metros were in the mid £1000's now they are way over the £2000 mark.. i wonder if Maruszczyk's will become so popular, that we will see Adrian raising his prices.?

Edited by bubinga5

I don't know if they will...

Part of the reason they are so popular is that you cannot get decent quality fender style instruments built to your specification anywhere else for the same price. Admittedly I've not played one, but at a glance they don't really seem to be offering anything new to compete with the others at a higher price point. I think they are going to be most successful at their current price point where they have no competition.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1457600944' post='2999944']
I hope the prices don't go up, but I think there's wiggle room for them to rise and still be a bloody good deal.
[/quote]

Yup I get that impression! Same with ACG a couple of years ago, they are still ridiculously good for the little outlay.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1457593817' post='2999874']
I don't know if they will...

Part of the reason they are so popular is that you cannot get decent quality fender style instruments built to your specification anywhere else for the same price. Admittedly I've not played one, but at a glance they don't really seem to be offering anything new to compete with the others at a higher price point. I think they are going to be most successful at their current price point where they have no competition.
[/quote]

I agree with this. I think this could change in a few years time but currently there only rep is with bass geeks. Ask the average guy and he wont have heard of them currently.

I have to admit I don't know but things are rarely static. They've got a perfect little niche now and the only thing that migth change things is a drop or rise in business.

Rises in business are great but it either means longer lead time (like Wal) or farming out to someone else (likely drop in quality) or a rise in price to reduce demand.

Drop in business means layoffs, reduction in quality to reduce price or selling off (which generally means production moves somewhere else - quality changes)

I can't predict what the change in the future will be and how far in the future that is, it could be 20 years from now, just that at some point change will happen.