Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Tech Soundsystems ND112S cabs

deksawyer

These amazing little cabs will be for sale if I get the new cabs I'm looking at.

300w 8 ohm and 10kg each. Both are in pretty good shape, with a knob for the tweeter adjustment missing on one and a small bash on one of the metal corner protectors on the other.

At 10kg these are stupidly light - everyone who's lifted them has almost put them through the ceiling because they braced themselves for a heavy lift! They sound great and are plenty loud enough - I've been using a Nemesis NA650 (which also is for sale). Never pushed hard as I always went through the PA a wee bit.

The newer styled equivalents are priced at £649 each! I'm asking £500 for the pair plus shipping.

cheers

D.

Edited by deksawyer

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='291259' date='Sep 24 2008, 09:15 PM']I'm umm-ing and aah-ing. I need a pair of 1x12s, but I don't know if it's these 1x12s.

Umm...[/quote]

If you want bags of headroom, lots of bass and a back that will love you for ever, you want these cabs.

If it makes any odds, I'm only selling these to get the newer look cabs, which are pretty much exactly the same spec as these! Call me Mr Vain if you want....

These have had approx. 6 gigs and maybe 20 rehearsals. I'm also getting a new replacement tweeter adjustment knob for the cab that currently doesn't have one.

I'm a fool I know. :)

D.

[quote name='Rasta' post='291506' date='Sep 25 2008, 09:41 AM']Where do you buy these cabs new from? A 4 ohm would be ideal for me! Do they handle low freq's well...i.e. Dub sounds???[/quote]

I have a 4 Ohm Tech 2 x 12 and it certainly does handle low frequencies well. I frequently tune my 5 string down a step or drop the B down 2 steps and the 2 x 12 more than copes. I even went as far as tuning down a step and dropping the Bb down another step and it was still fine.

I don't know about the 1 x 12 - it's a smaller enclosure, but the 2 x 12 has the drivers stacked vertically and has excellent porting.

[quote name='Rasta' post='291506' date='Sep 25 2008, 09:41 AM']Where do you buy these cabs new from? A 4 ohm would be ideal for me! Do they handle low freq's well...i.e. Dub sounds???[/quote]

Well, they're not going to compete with that Warwick 6x10! That's simple physics....

However, for such small boxes the sounds they can produce are pretty amazing.

As far as buying them new, any decent music shop can get hold of them if they have an account with Rosetti. The RRP is £649 each!

D.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='289057' date='Sep 22 2008, 11:43 AM']I'm interested, have you got a shipping quote to mainland uk?

R[/quote]

Russ,

if you're interested in hearing how they sound, you're welcome to pop up and give my Tech 2 x 12 or mini 1 x 15 a bash to get an idea. Tech gear sounds amazing.

I'm afraid I can't make it to the bash tomorrow - I have to give a short talk in London.

Edited by bassbloke

[quote name='bassbloke' post='292604' date='Sep 26 2008, 11:56 AM']Russ,

if you're interested in hearing how they sound, you're welcome to pop up and give my Tech 2 x 12 or mini 1 x 15 a bash to get an idea. Tech gear sounds amazing.

I'm afraid I can't make it to the bash tomorrow - I have to give a short talk in London.[/quote]
Totally OT, sorry - shame you can't make it tomorrow, hope the talk goes well!

[quote name='Merton' post='292613' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:02 PM']Totally OT, sorry - shame you can't make it tomorrow, hope the talk goes well![/quote]

I get to stand up in front of a room full of people involved with a major Deaf children's charity and tell them that we're giving them £80,000. Should go down quite well.

I would have liked to pop along. Guildford is so much more convenient than Northampton and the Travel Inn probably smells nicer than a rehearsal studio.

Edited by bassbloke

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='293150' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:51 PM']I love my markbass 151's but why do I hanker after some tech cabs, how can i cure it, very odd craveing, must be more gas.[/quote]

you can very easily cure it forever by actually owning some.........you'll never go back I can assure you!!!

D.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='293157' date='Sep 26 2008, 11:00 PM']you can very easily cure it forever by actually owning some.........you'll never go back I can assure you!!!

D.[/quote]
Im tempted, but I bought a pair of ebs neo 112s and they were pants, whereas my pair of mb 151s kick ass with no complaints, and no farting out!