Why become a member? ×

Black Extreme Jazz Bass, CHARITY £5 RAFFLE- PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY

silverfoxnik

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='294395' date='Sep 29 2008, 10:50 AM']I can't remember the exact figure but I think we raised around £250 in total from the Yorkshire (and beyond) Bass Bash Raffle for the Extreme JB.......[/quote]
Thanks for that info Keith..

As a direct comparison, it kind of helps us to know where we are with this auction. So far, we have raised £90 on this one and though I know we're in very difficult economic times, I was hoping we'd at least top £100 with this auction and go some way toward making £150 and beyond..

So, if anyone has said they wanted a ticket but still hasn't got around to sending the money yet (by post or PayPal), please do.. Otherwise, we'll have to get Lenny Henry & Jonathan 'Woss' to come round your houses to talk about 'chawity' and overseas 'pwojects' for a week or two non-stop! :)

By the way, someone has sent a cheque through which hasn't got any indications as to which Basschat member it's from.. Does the name 'Hopkinson' mean anything to anyone? If so, please let me know via PM who you are, thanks!

Nik

(cue Basschat's equivalent of "I'm Spartacus"...)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='294814' date='Sep 29 2008, 07:18 PM']Nik, put me down for 2 tickets to make up the difference...

...I'm feeling lucky.[/quote]
Cheers CK! Appreciate the support..

By the way, having played your pre-Ernie ball Stingray at The Bash on Saturday, I can confirm that you are indeed 'lucky'! That's a great bass.....

cheers Nik :) when I put it together, it took about 3 months for the neck and body to settle in but once they did, the bass turned into a bit of a tone monster. It needs a refret and its got dead strings on it at the moment too!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='295092' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:27 AM']cheers Nik :) when I put it together, it took about 3 months for the neck and body to settle in but once they did, the bass turned into a bit of a tone monster. It needs a refret and its got dead strings on it at the moment too![/quote]
It just has that fundamental tone & feel that a bass should have IMO, dead strings or not.. Have PM'd you about the tickets.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='294814' date='Sep 29 2008, 07:18 PM']Nik, put me down for 2 tickets to make up the difference...

...I'm feeling lucky.[/quote]
With CK's help we've hit the £100 mark for this guys, so thanks for that!

Any more takers to keep this auction moving onwards & upwards?? :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='296145' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:11 AM']With CK's help we've hit the £100 mark for this guys, so thanks for that!

Any more takers to keep this auction moving onwards & upwards?? :)[/quote]

I'll have a couple of tickets if I'm not too late!

Keith

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='300242' date='Oct 6 2008, 01:21 AM']I'll have a couple of tickets if I'm not too late!

Keith[/quote]
Hi Keith,

Thanks for the support and no, you're not too late.

Though the plan was to finish the Raffle yesterday, I'm keeping it open a while longer to see if we can hit or get close to the £150 mark. Also, in an ideal world, I want to ask Bernie Goodfellow or someone similar to draw the Raffle and I'm just trying to work that out exactly.

I'll PM you details of how to pay..

Apologies to all other Raffle Ticket holders for the delay on this but unless anyone strenuously objects, I think it's worthwhile running this a bit longer?

Nik

[quote name='overwater#1' post='300584' date='Oct 6 2008, 04:07 PM']How much are we off the £150 mark Nik?? :)[/quote]
Hi Matt

We're at £110 at the moment, though if Dan is in too (thanks Dan :huh: ) then make that £115.. I know it's only £35 difference, but as the Yorkshire Bash did so well with their auction which took a while also, then I feel duty bound to do the best we can with this one.

Admittedly, times are tough for everyone at the moment and that's had an impact on the Raffle I think.. But for a £5 ticket, it's a great little bass and would be more than good as a started bass for someone.

Dan, it's PayPal or postal and I'll PM you the details in a minute..

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='mike257' post='301786' date='Oct 7 2008, 10:33 PM']Does it matter that I'm all the way off in Liverpool, or are us scruffy northerners not allowed in classy places like this? :huh:

If geography is no barrier, then count me in for a fiver![/quote]
You're very welcome Mike! :) PM sent...

Quick update and thanks for all the recent contributions! :)

We're currently up to £135 with this and I am still hopefull of reaching £150 before next week. I've just realised that I haven't yet bought a ticket, so I'm going to do that now which'll take us to £140.

So, just looking for a couple more takers now to get us beyond the £150 barrier..

I'm still waiting for one person's payment to clear and that isn't going to be until Oct 16th for some wierd PayPal reason, so all being well, the plan is to draw the Raffle soon after Oct 16th, with Bernie Goodfellow doing the honours for us on that.

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='overwater#1' post='303136' date='Oct 9 2008, 04:32 PM']Il see if I have any more spare moolah lying around.. possibly expect another envelope from me Nik.[/quote]
That's very generous of you Matt! :)

Go easy though, you've got an Overwater / Wal family to support....

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='Archetype' post='303466' date='Oct 10 2008, 12:31 AM']Ive not done any charity stuff this year cause ive been skint, an i still am.

PM me the paypal details and i will chip in too :huh:

Its a good cause.

Archetype.[/quote]
That's very generous, thanks!! :) PM sent...