Why become a member? ×

Black Extreme Jazz Bass, CHARITY £5 RAFFLE- PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY

silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='303521' date='Oct 10 2008, 07:48 AM']That's very generous, thanks!! :) PM sent...[/quote]

Just a quick update to say that, thanks to Archetype's donation, we've hit the £150 mark at last!! :huh:

Just waiting for a convenient date now when Bernie Goodfellow can draw the Raffle on our behalf, and we're looking at October 25th for that. So I'll keep this open until then if people still want to buy a ticket... When we do the actual draw, johnnylager has kindly offered to come and be our official observer and photographer to make sure it's all above board and we get a couple of nice photos!!

Thanks to everybody who's contributed so far for their support! :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='300767' date='Oct 6 2008, 07:57 PM']Hi Matt

We're at £110 at the moment, though if Dan is in too (thanks Dan :) ) then make that £115.. I know it's only £35 difference, but as the Yorkshire Bash did so well with their auction which took a while also, then I feel duty bound to do the best we can with this one.

Admittedly, times are tough for everyone at the moment and that's had an impact on the Raffle I think.. But for a £5 ticket, it's a great little bass and would be more than good as a started bass for someone.

Dan, it's PayPal or postal and I'll PM you the details in a minute..

Cheers

Nik[/quote]

Could you PM me the address I'll take a ticket.

[quote name='Rayman' post='316606' date='Oct 28 2008, 12:16 PM']So who's the lucky winner then?[/quote]
Good question..

As it happens, we were due to do the Draw today at Bernie Goodfellow's shop in Brighton. But because Bernie was away all weekend at the Manson's Guitar Show at the weekend, he's not available tonight..

So, instead we're going to do the Draw on Thursday or Friday, most probably Thursday. Soon as we've done it and I can get online, I'll post up details of the winner.. Good luck! :)

Nik

[quote name='Shockwave' post='319369' date='Oct 31 2008, 09:58 PM']So uhhh, What happened?[/quote]
And the [b]Winner[/b] is...........................................................................................??

************ [b]mike 257[/b] [b]mike 257[/b] [b]mike 257[/b] [b]mike 257[/b] [b]mike 257[/b] [b]mike 257[/b] [b]mike 257[/b] ****************

Congratulation Mike!!! :)

Will post photos later of [b]Bernie Goodfellow[/b] drawing the winning ticket... Mike; please could you PM me with your details, thanks.

A big thanks to [b]everybody[/b] who took part in the Raffle and to Bernie for doing the Draw. We've raised over [b]£160[/b] through this Raffle and I can now do the final total for the whole of the SE Bash which means that some money will be on it's way to Basschat very soon!

Cheers

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='mike257' post='320193' date='Nov 2 2008, 03:12 PM']Woohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I never normally win [i]anything[/i], I'm stunned!!! Sent you a PM with my details Nik, I'm off to crack open the bubbly :)[/quote]
Hi Mike

PM replied to.. Congrats again and I'll be in touch re: delivery etc in the week..

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='mike257' post='320193' date='Nov 2 2008, 03:12 PM']Woohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I never normally win [i]anything[/i], I'm stunned!!! Sent you a PM with my details Nik, I'm off to crack open the bubbly :)[/quote]

Here's the pictures of Bernie drawing the winning ticket yesterday..........

[attachment=15506:Basschat...Draw_002.jpg]

[attachment=15507:Basschat...Draw_003.jpg]

[attachment=15508:Basschat...Draw_004.jpg]

Edited by silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

I'm pleased to say that I paid a cheque into Basschat coffers today for £186.06, which is half of the funds raised at September's Bash! The other half of the funds raised has been paid to 'Enable Me', the disability charity that I work for..

In total, over £500 was raised through the event which is amazing, but after paying for room hire and other costs on the day, the total raised for the good causes was just under £400!

So this is a good opportunity for me to thank everybody who helped make it happen (especially Merton, WalMan & JohnnyLager) and also, a good opportunity to thank everybody else who either came to the Bash itself or who contributed by making donations to the cause by buying things like Raffle Tickets etc. :)

Cheers

Nik

P.S. Mike is still waiting for the bass to get to him while we work out gig bags & boxes to ensure it gets their safely