Why become a member? ×

Black Extreme Jazz Bass, CHARITY £5 RAFFLE- PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY

silverfoxnik

The Winner is [b]mike 257[/b]

Hi Folks,

Following on from the example of the Yorkshire Bass Bash in the summer, we have a Black Extreme Jazz Bass to auction here as part of the fundraising side of things for the South East Bash this coming Saturday. With thanks to yorks5stringer for the help and wording on this, here's some blurb to get you all interested in suporting this worthy cause:

[i]"The view of those present was that we should raffle the bass for [b]£5.00 per ticket[/b] on this site as it exposes it to more potential purchasers and therefore we should be able to raise more money for the charities we wish to support."[/i]

Funds raised will be split between [b]Basschat.co.uk[/b] and [b]The Enable Me Project[/b] (www.enableme.org.uk) who I work for and which is a disability charity based in West Sussex that works in schools and the community.

Here's the bass:
[attachment=13784:Extreme_...z_Bass_1.jpg]

[attachment=13783:Extreme_Jazz_001.jpg]

[attachment=13785:extremeP65B.jpg]

Ideally, I'd like the closing date to be this [b]Friday[/b] at midnight as [b]Adrian Ashton[/b], Editor of [b]Bass Guitar Magazine[/b] has kindly offered to draw the winner at The SE Bash on Saturday afternoon... However, times being tough and all, we may extend the deadline and do it a week later if take up is slow here (credit crunch, what credit crunch????)..

So come on folks, remember this is for [b]Charity[/b] and it is a great little bass too - in fact, I was surprised at just how good it is!! As you can see, they retail at less than £90.00, but I'm hoping that we can more than double that with your support!

[b]Just £5.00 a ticket :)[/b]

There will be other Raffle prizes on the day at the Bash too so all in all, should be a great day! Thanks again for your interest & support!

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='288943' date='Sep 22 2008, 08:29 AM']Hey Nik, would I be able to buy a ticket at the bash, instead of on here? I'm definately comin, and definately buyin a ticket...andy chance you can make this possible? :)[/quote]
No problem at all! Only reason for a cut-off is that we probably wouldn't be able to check online whilst there as we've so much going on.. But no problem selling tickets to folk there on the day at all!

[quote name='Davetbass' post='289586' date='Sep 22 2008, 11:46 PM']I`ll take a ticket. Can I have pay-pal details please? If not an addy will do and I`ll send you a scottish fiver. It`s only worth 2 pounds in real money :)[/quote]
Thanks Dave! PM sent..

[quote name='elom' post='290451' date='Sep 23 2008, 11:33 PM']I wont be at the bash but I'll take a ticket If I win can you ask Adrian to bring it back to Exeter for me![/quote]
Thanks for your support & yes, no problem!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='290420' date='Sep 23 2008, 10:47 PM']Please send me a PM too! This makes me all nostalgic....[/quote]

Will do, and thanks for all the help and for this donation to the cause!

[quote name='7string' post='291362' date='Sep 24 2008, 11:42 PM']If you can PM me the Paypal or address details then I'll get a fiver to you.[/quote]
Thanks for the support! PM about to be sent...

Just over £50 raised now folks so how about some 'Thursday, 2 days to go' Basschat benevolence to get this figure higher?? :)

Hi Folks

The donations or tickets bought for the Raffle currently stands at £80 for the jazz bass (which has a RRP of about £85), though not all of the pledged monies have been received as yet. We always had a reserve price in mind and we're a way off it as yet.. But I am hopeful that we will reach the reserve at The Bash tomorrow, especially if people could please :-

1) confirm their pledges if they haven't yet paid
2) help to get this figure over £100 by midnight tonight!!

Come on guys; it's all in aid of 2 really good causes one of them being our very own favourite bass guitar forum of course!! :huh:

The other good cause (which is the charity I work for) is called 'Enable Me' and it works in schools to challenge and change negative attitudes towards disability.. The reason this work is necessary is that there is so much stigma attached to disability! So much so that, on top of the disability itself, most disabled people suffer from the negativity and stigma that they encounter on an almost daily basis..

For anyone who's interested, read the tragic story in the news this week about the mother who killed her own 4 year old daughter who suffered from cerbral palsy, because she (the mother that is) couldn't cope with the stigma of her daughter's disability! So rather than live with that, she drowned her...

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7632200.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7632200.stm[/url]

It's just shocking... Anyway, I'll get off my soap-box now... :)

Many thanks for your support

Nik

Thanks for all the contributions so far!!

As the guys did at the Yorkshire Bash in the summer, we've decided to let the Raffle for the Jazz Bass run for another week here on the Forum to see if we can get the raise just a little bit more..... So we'll keep it going until next Sunday evening and then draw the winner the following week...

Hope that's OK with everybody and thanks for the support?

Nik