Why become a member? ×

Retrovibe T Rod Precision

MarkG3

Not tried one myself, but have spoken to a guy who has an earlier Rick type Retrovibe (the ones that looked quite similar, before they were forced to change the design) - he reckoned that it is an amazing bass. Great build quality, but didn't sound quite Rick-like enough for him
So he was intending to change the pickups....

Personally, I quite like the look of the retrovibe fretless P bass
I wouldn't mind a try of one of those myself....

Edited by Marc S

If you like those, you may also want to consider a Mike Dirnt Squier Precision (got mine for under £100 used). Very nice and light too. The neck is pretty slim also if you like that, not at all Precision-like. Rosewood, 'though. I have one, but sourced a CV maple neck and replaced it. I also changed the pickup... the original is fine, but I liked these cheap Entwistle pickups better. It's a monster of a bass.

• 4 months later...

I did get it, sounds good and is really easy to play. Couldn't fault the finish or build in any way. So I'm really glad I got one, definitely is easier to play than my previous Fender Mike Dirnt basses, which were the original version. Thats not to say they aren't good, I would say for the price save money and get the t-rod over the fender. Looking at it, it's exactly the same apart from the name on the headstock!