Why become a member? ×

Peavey Patriot in Cornwall

alyctes

Speaking of which...

I think this is rather badly overpriced, but it does look nice :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-USA-made-Peavey-Fury-Blackline-P-style-bass-guitar-/121885189052?hash=item1c60ec63bc:g:3a0AAOSwX~dWs16G

I suspect its neck would be too skinny for [u]discreet[/u], even though it's white.

Apart from the inflated price ( still normally $100 in the US ) he's got the date wrong. Split-P pickup was introduced in 86.
It looks like 87 but has the newer string tree,having the bar instead of the triangle. Nice bass though.

The neck would be too skinny for discreet,something like my T-20 measuring 44mm :) would be better.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1454632726' post='2971607']
I suspect its neck would be too skinny for [u]discreet[/u], even though it's white.
[/quote]
[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1454636185' post='2971620']
The neck would be too skinny for discreet, something like my T-20 measuring 44mm :) would be better.
[/quote]

Sad but true. Peavey make some fantastic basses.
But I think the T20s and T40s would be just a bit too heavy for me. Ideally I like sub-9lb basses.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1454632726' post='2971607']
Speaking of which...

I think this is rather badly overpriced, but it does look nice :)

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-USA-made-Peavey-Fury-Blackline-P-style-bass-guitar-/121885189052?hash=item1c60ec63bc:g:3a0AAOSwX~dWs16G"]http://www.ebay.co.u...a0AAOSwX~dWs16G[/url]

[/quote]

I quite fancied that myself but it is a bit on the steep side

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1454545734' post='2970793']
Youi don't see many of these this side of the Atlantic.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peavey-Patriot-Bass-Guitar-1987-USA-super-ferrite-pickup-Rare-/262274184080?hash=item3d10c27390:g:W0MAAOSwL7VWsgNZ
[/quote]

This one very recently was one the other side of the Atlantic; all those pictures are the original seller's. I think it was about £170 plus shipping, customs etc, but handwired on here has (had?) one for £195 in the Basses for Sale section. In black too, not that ugly brown.

The Fury is very nice though. The price is daft, I've been struggling to shift my Foundation at £150.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1454660408' post='2971693']
Sad but true. Peavey make some fantastic basses.
But I think the T20s and T40s would be just a bit too heavy for me. Ideally I like sub-9lb basses.
[/quote]

I reckon you could take the hardware and strings off my T-40 and it would still be 9lb... No wonder I don't play the thing. I should flog it.

Well the $85 shipping and 20% tax on everything would add £100 so Tim's only trying to get his money back.

The Fury has no chance,Paul_S sold his last week for £77 on eBay.

@alyctes

Router chambers out the back of the T-40. Chip Todd had a nice sideline doing just that.

[attachment=211671:Chips Lightened T 60.jpg]

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1454722515' post='2972480']
The Fury has no chance,Paul_S sold his last week for £77 on eBay.
[/quote]

Not me - I've been Peaveyless for some months now. Maybe whoever bought it from me (I forget who that was now)

Re routing bits out of a T40, would that make it neck dive?

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1454747639' post='2972527']
Not me - I've been Peaveyless for some months now. Maybe whoever bought it from me (I forget who that was now)
[/quote]

I had the Fury and the Fury II, if I remember rightly :)

:)

You did and do. I subsequently got another Fury on eBay, assuming they were all lightweight - I didn't ask the weight and it ended up weighing over 10lbs so that went too. Shame as it was in lovely nick - a white/white/maple one. I wonder if they ever did black/black/maple?

Chastised?! :) If I gave that impression I really am sorry as that was never my intention. We talked, didn't agree, moved on. If anything I thought you'd label me as a time waster!

Must keep my eyes peeled for a BBM one then. Although I have to say my recent JV Squier P in BBM has diluted my GAS rather majorly. If I got a BBM Fury, what would it do that the JV doesn't? Other than cost less. Never thought I'd ask myself that kind of question :)

Time waster ?? Not at all. I said my Fury was " beat to hell " which I think you thought was "mojo" then realised no I really meant beat to hell :D

Apart from costing less can't say a Fury would do any the JV doesn't but I will pass you any details on BBM Furys I hear of.Shame Peavey UK's gone as you could
have just got a black scratchplate. 8lbs was the weight you were looking for wasn't it ?

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1454774104' post='2972888']
I said my Fury was " beat to hell " which I think you thought was "mojo" then realised no I really meant beat to hell :D
8lbs was the weight you were looking for wasn't it ?
[/quote]

:lol: Yes, 8lbs