Why become a member? ×

Does this B string sound dead to you?

therealting

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1453849574' post='2963530']
Optima have been in touch and are collecting the old string (for checking) in exchange for a brand new one. Fair play, that's good customer service.
[/quote]

Good, but necessary from that vid. Better would have been sending a string without asking for the original back, that is the experience I have had with other string manufactures before (Elixir).

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1453849711' post='2963531']
Good, but necessary from that vid. Better would have been sending a string without asking for the original back, that is the experience I have had with other string manufactures before (Elixir).
[/quote]

I had this issue recently with the B string on a pack of Elixirs and they sent me out a full new set of strings and asked to send them the dodgy string back in an envelope they were sending me. I didn't get the envelope (meaning I had no address to send to) so e-mailed asking for the address and they just asked me to send a picture of the string... :blink: ?

Great customer service. Got a few picks with the strings as well. Handy to have even though I never use them.

Edited by Cameronj279

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1453865048' post='2963612']

I had this issue recently with the B string on a pack of Elixirs and they sent me out a full new set of strings and asked to send them the dodgy string back in an envelope they were sending me. I didn't get the envelope (meaning I had no address to send to) so e-mailed asking for the address and they just asked me to send a picture of the string... :blink: ?

Great customer service. Got a few picks with the strings as well. Handy to have even though I never use them.
[/quote]

There's me thinking that they were going to examine the dud string in a lab or something - turns out they just wanted to check you weren't telling porkies.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1453882411' post='2963659']

There's me thinking that they were going to examine the dud string in a lab or something - turns out they just wanted to check you weren't telling porkies.
[/quote]

I don't see anything wrong with that anyway.

Guest gazzatriumph

I had a dud E string, D'addario sent me a new set out which arrived the next day and didnt ask for the E string to be returned, excellent customer service and I will be staying with them for sure.