Why become a member? ×

Larry Graham

MacDaddy

There's not enough love for Larry on Basschat, so here's one of my fave Graham Central Station songs, one of many that I have [s]blatantly ripped off[/s] been directly influenced by:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQCij721jQ[/media]

and here's a solo. Cool as B)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ubhYNY3fE4[/media]

Big Fan of the man, very entertaining live, pleasure to talk to, one of the greatest bass players going, truly inspirational, but for me his work with Sly and the Family Stone is still the best, the band was so original and him and Greg Errico an amazing partnership, love it when the two of them and butch get together on his instruction vid, plus he always plays a real cool looking bass, plenty of power to brother Larry.

[quote name='Lynottfan' timestamp='1449357496' post='2922957']
Big Fan of the man, very entertaining live, pleasure to talk to, one of the greatest bass players going, truly inspirational, but for me his work with Sly and the Family Stone is still the best, the band was so original and him and Greg Errico an amazing partnership, love it when the two of them and butch get together on his instruction vid, plus he always plays a real cool looking bass, plenty of power to brother Larry.
[/quote]

Yes to all that. So sad the original line up of S&TFS lost Cynthia Robinson ( Trumpet) last week. Cynthia Robinson was 71 years young.

Blue

Edited by blue