Why become a member? ×

A Small Modest Collection For Your Perusal

Mike Brooks

Thought it was about time I took new pics of the collection, had to do some for various magazine work and some new ones for insurance purposes so after some requests, here is the current collection.

For anyone remotely interested, the Aria SB-R80 is available for sale should anyone care to make an offer.

Enjoy!

[attachment=13217:Bass_Collection_1.jpg]

GB Rumour 4, GB Rumour 5, Spector Euro LX 4, Status 2000, Status Empathy

[attachment=13218:Bass_Collection_2.jpg]

Fender MM Jazz (with East Retro), Fender Mike Dirnt Precision, Fender Precision Lyte (with Seymour Duncan EQ pickups), StingRay 4, StingRay 5 (with Status neck)

[attachment=13219:Bass_Collection_3.jpg]

Aria SB-R80, T-Bass, Washburn AB-40 Electro-Acoustic, Kubicki Ex-Factor Fretless, Kubicki Ex-Factor Fretted

Yup, it's an East Marcus Retro, had it put in about 3 and a half years ago and its great, works great for recording where you need to add mids or take some out and the extra treble boost works wonders, takes it away from being just a Jazz bass. I can recommend checking one out, not to everyones taste but I like it.

Mike

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='281371' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:13 PM']Yup, it's an East Marcus Retro, had it put in about 3 and a half years ago and its great, works great for recording where you need to add mids or take some out and the extra treble boost works wonders, takes it away from being just a Jazz bass. I can recommend checking one out, not to everyones taste but I like it.

Mike[/quote]

I love your GBs... especially the one on the left :) ...and the one on the right.

The teal Stingray is a stunner also. Very, very, very nice.

Nice collection Mike!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='281507' date='Sep 10 2008, 11:00 PM']Nice collection. I noticed that the headless Status is just as long as the headed basses given the need to recess the bridge. Interesting in the light of some recent threads.[/quote]

Look again - the brickwork gives the game away - each bass has been shot individually giving that impression!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='281557' date='Sep 11 2008, 12:10 AM']So come on Mike, which is your fave...? Your number 1?[/quote]

Too difficult!!!!! Depends what I'm doing or need them for, which is why I have them, most of them had a reason for me buying them.

The GB's are exceptional and are one of the few basses that if I did 20 gigs in 20 different places, they would sound great regardless and still sound as they should no matter where I what I put them through. The Statii work very well too and I love the fact those necks won't move, particularly handy for wedding gigs in marquees where temperatures fluctuate wildly. The difference in sound and tone between the 2000 and Empathy is quite radical too.

The T-Bass is just a great workhorse and is the only bass that keeps up with the GB's in terms of volume and sheer power. Really easy to play although the brass side dots are a nightmare to see in gig lighting conditions. The Kubicki's are great playing basses but don't get the use they deserve as my main gigging band plays a semi-tone down which doesn't go hand in hand with 32" scale basses, the strings just end up too baggy, great basses to play though.

Then the Spector....well it's the latest acquisition and just so easy to get to grips with, great neck, great tone. Still getting used to it but taking it out on a few gigs over the next week or two.

Mike