Why become a member? ×

A Small Modest Collection For Your Perusal

Mike Brooks

Hi Mike,

That is some collection of basses that you have there!

I was interested in your Kingfisher Blue GB Rumour - Bernie is building one for me as we speak and I want to go for a black american walnut type front but still have a maple type neck and fingerboard (what is yours BTW?), however Bernie insists that Rumours look better with a dark coloured neck and fingerboard as it works better with the thru neck design. I can see what he means but I like the contrast of dark and light woods like EBS Freak has on his Spitfire.

Sounds like you were told roughly the same thing?

Yours looks great though!!

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='281466' date='Sep 10 2008, 10:06 PM']Cheers guys,
Funnily enough, Bernie wasn't keen on the 'Kingfisher Blue' with gold hardware combination when I told him what I wanted, really wasn't enamoured with the idea. It was my bass so I wanted it how I explained. I think he conceded defeat once it was built!!

Mike[/quote]

[quote name='D-COOPER' post='283566' date='Sep 14 2008, 11:00 AM']Great photos!!I love the finish on your sunburst Rumour and for some reason it looks even better now than before!!Im trying to decide on a colour for my Rumour and this takes the biscuit so far!![/quote]

Agreed - before getting my latest Rumour, it was Mike's cherryburst finish that was really playing on my mind...

• 2 years later...

Haven't updated this in a long while, couple of new additions to add.

GB Spitfire 4
[attachment=69582:DSCF1941.JPG]
[attachment=69583:DSCF1935.JPG]

Yamaha Attitude LTD-II
[attachment=69584:DSCF1917.JPG]
[attachment=69585:DSCF1925.JPG]

All present and correct. The Aria R-80 has moved on though.

Mike