Why become a member? ×

How long should I wait?

4-string-thing

Ordered some bass parts from Arkansas Music Works, via Ebay on September 27th and am still waiting for them despite the fact that tracking tells me they were delivered on October 7th.

I've told the sender that I don't have them and he tells me to call my local customs office.... Do I have a local customs office? I've tried Royal Mail and Parcelforce, as I assume it will be them who will deliver it? But neither of them recognise the tracking number.

So, am I right in guessing that it's held up in a customs shed somewhere? If so, how do I find out? Or has it just vanished and I should claim my money back?

How long have you had to wait for stuff from The USA? I've bought stuff before and it's always been pretty quick....

It is frustrating waiting for stuff to arrive from The States. I recently received a parcel which I had been emailed telling me that it "cleared customs" a week earlier - I'd ask the sender to use the tracking No to try to identify where it is..alternatively hope that it's protected some way like Paypal..

[quote name='4-string-thing' timestamp='1445337749' post='2890608']So, am I right in guessing that it's held up in a customs shed somewhere? If so, how do I find out? Or has it just vanished and I should claim my money back?[/quote]

Could be; I had a part sent from the US years ago which seemingly didn't turn up.
It wasn't until 3+ weeks after it arrived in the UK before I got a letter from the RM duty/customs people saying they wanted duty paying before it would be released.
If the consignment number isn't recognised here all you can do is get the seller to check where and who by the parcel was delivered to.

This happened to me once before. No parcel, no note to say I had customs charges to pay, Royal Mail and Parcelforce unable to tell me location of item or indeed whether or not it even existed.

6 weeks later it was delivered back to the sender (in the US) covered in Parcelforce stickers saying "recipient refused to pay customs charges".

I hope you have more luck than I did.

[quote name='Slipperydick' timestamp='1445345785' post='2890712']
If the tracking info says it was delivered. Surely the carrier will consider it delivered unless you tell em different.

Delivered means just that. Or am I missing something ?
[/quote]

I'm guessing it means delivered too, but not to me.... Or maybe it just means delivered to the UK? I really have no idea where to start!

Have a word with your neighbours.
Last week I was waiting for something via USPS from the states.
The USPS tracker said it was delivered.
The USPS number worked in Parcelforce's tracking albeit about 2 days after USPS said it was delivered, but it also said it was delivered.
Anyway a couple of days later one of my neighbours knocked on the door with a parcel of bass bits (luckily the vendor had declared them as a 'gift' - result - so no customs to pay).
Parcelforce had delivered 2 doors down.

I had the same a few months back.
Tracking said delivered & it indeed was but to a street of the same name a few miles away. The occupants said they hadn't received it so the royal mail writ it off.
Unfortunately for me the replacement came along with eight quid duty & eight quid handling fee for royal mail.
I understand charges are a chance you take but I was a bit miffed with royal mail after the first one cleared customs & they delivered it to the wrong house.
Live & learn I guess.

Do you know who the courier/postal service was? Somebody is accountable if there is a tracking number.
Was it to be signed for?
If so who signed for it?
The sender should be bending over backwards to sort this for you, not abdicating responsibility
If you have none of those, I would be asking for a refund sharpish.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1445348399' post='2890747']
Do you know who the courier/postal service was? Somebody is accountable if there is a tracking number.
Was it to be signed for?
If so who signed for it?
The sender should be bending over backwards to sort this for you, not abdicating responsibility
If you have none of those, I would be asking for a refund sharpish.
[/quote]

The vendors not even in the UK, how is it their fault ? I'd still want a refund, but wouldn't blame the seller.

Well, I finally got through to a real person at Royal Mail, who was happy to check their tracking system (I had tried this on their website already) and it seems it has been sat in a sorting office a few miles away since october 7th. They should have sent me a card saying it was waiting because there was duty to pay, but I never received any such card so they just left it sitting in a basket. I dashed over there, arriving at 2:50 pm to find that the office opened at 4:15....

Anyway, I decided to wait and after paying £17.25 I have finally got my Mustang pickguard, control plate and pup and can finally turn my Squier Bronco, into a Squier/Fender Mustang (lookalike)

[attachment=203145:bronco.jpg] to this:[attachment=203146:Black bass2.jpg]