Why become a member? ×

Lovely Stingray 5! - SOLD
£900

chaypup

1999 Stingray 5 in lovely pearlescent purple with mirrored pickguard.

In good condition albeit with a couple of minor dings to the front.

It's a Stingray and does the Stingray thing!

[url="http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/chaylockyer/media/IMG_4678_zpsbgoaq5j7.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/chaylockyer/media/IMG_4674_zpsn6esawey.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/chaylockyer/media/IMG_4679_zpslvalwzti.jpg.html"][/url]

Any Cardiff - based buyers are more than welcome to come try it out (well anyone is if you're prepared to travel!)

[size=5][color=#FF0000][b]NOW £725 for quick sale!!![/b][/color][/size]

Edited by chaypup

From another bass forum where the subject was broached...

[quote][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I think there are some terminology issues here. Let me briefly explain the differences between the SR5 models.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]A standard SR5 has one humbucking pickup "H" configuration, a three-band EQ and a 3-position switch to adjust pickup configuration.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]A classic SR5 has one humbucking pickup "H" configuration and a two-band EQ and no switch.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]An "HS" SR5 has a single coil closer to the neck and humbucking pickup, a three-band EQ, and a 5-position switch to adjust pickup configuration.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]An "HH" SR5 has two humbuckers and a three-band EQ and a 5-position switch to adjust pickup configuration.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The classic SR5 is only available in the "H" configuration, no "HS" or "HH" option.[/quote][/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hope this helps.[/font][/color]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1444688747' post='2885167']
[color=#141414][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=verdana, geneva, lucida]A standard SR5 has one humbucking pickup "H" configuration, a three-band EQ and a 3-position switch to adjust pickup configuration.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=verdana, geneva, lucida]A classic SR5 has one humbucking pickup "H" configuration and a two-band EQ and no switch.[/font][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

This. :)
Also the body and the pickguard are shaped a bit differently (more like the original 4 string Stingray on the Classic) and I believe the Classic also has those foam mute pads on the bridge and string-through-body option.
Personally I like the "normal" Stingray 5 better.