Why become a member? ×

Best D.I that is pedalboard friendly

nash

i have a fender micro DI, its tiny, runs off of a normal 9v supply, and has a cab sim. I have it sitting ontop of my input/output buffer (brought off of [color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/1177-mcgraham/"]mcgraham[/url][/size][/font][/color]), only cause i really do need to get a bigger/second board.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1443022521' post='2871565']
i have a fender micro DI, its tiny, runs off of a normal 9v supply, and has a cab sim. I have it sitting ontop of my input/output buffer (brought off of [color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/1177-mcgraham/"]mcgraham[/url][/size][/font][/color]), only cause i really do need to get a bigger/second board.

[/quote]
do you use a Gameboy???? :-)

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1443023870' post='2871588']
do you use a Gameboy???? :-)
[/quote]
Yeah, im currently in the midst of trying to get it to trigger notes when i play them on bass. Its not 100% there yet, so i will make a thread when im happy with it.

Look up LSDJ if your curious about playing music on gameboys.

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1443029713' post='2871685']
Genuine question.... Why does anyone want to send you effected signal directly to foh bypassing the preamp? Especially if you have fuzz and dirt? If your playing decent sized gigs then the only folk hearing your nice amp is you? Unless I'm missing something of course....

Fraser
[/quote]

I do it because I use a ton of dirt and I find 1 di after everything is a little fizzy/brittle sounding. I like to mic my cabs these days which smooths it out so I runs clean di from my board before all of my effect just to get some of those deep clean lows back in I might loose from the mic. I just ask the tech to blend as he see's fit, usually 20% di the rest mic, never been happier with my live sound. It's also an insurance policy, if my amp goes down FOH still gets me.

If I only have one line at a gig then I will just forget about the di, as you say if you just run the di then FOH won't get any dirt or amp tone.

Edited by Bearfist

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1443023221' post='2871580']
Don't Mooer do a similarly tiny DI box too?
[/quote]

They do - on eBay for just under £60 so no doubt available elsewhere a bit cheaper too.
In fact, are the fender micro pedals not meant to be re-branded Mooer pedals anyway?

Probably a very silly question, but if I were to use my (active) Radial SB-4 in the same way would I get any problems?

I bought it for use with DB and I've been very happy with it, but all the marketing bangs on about how it's optimised for use with piezo pickups.

I've rather assumed that I should steer clear of using it with electric bass.