Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Helix.

fretmeister

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1501869822' post='3347972']
Billy Sheehan is currently using the Helix LT on tour... blimey. That's some endorsement.
[/quote]

Youwhaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt?

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1501869822' post='3347972']
Billy Sheehan is currently using the Helix LT on tour... blimey. That's some endorsement.
[/quote]
[quote name='dood' timestamp='1502280585' post='3350422']
Youwhaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt?
[/quote]

http://youtu.be/ZlJWB1rqQfo

Righteous instead of Solid from Billy this time! Very interesting...

Is he using a return on the Helix LT as a second input then? He says displaying his complete lack of knowledge on the subject....

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1502280876' post='3350427']
:lol:
[/quote]

I guess it was inevitable given that so much effort went in to modelling all the different parts of his original and much loved Pearce pre-amp, but nevertheless I am very pleased it has happened!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1502281578' post='3350436']
I guess it was inevitable given that so much effort went in to modelling all the different parts of his original and much loved Pearce pre-amp, but nevertheless I am very pleased it has happened!
[/quote]

Time will tell! Touring it for a bit is one thing, one thing is certain and that's if anything annoys him about it then it'll be gone in no time

Rich Tone Music have the LT for £725. I've shopped online with them a few times and have been happy with the service. I got mine when the price went really low and managed to bag a 24 months interest free credit to boot!!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1502355096' post='3350829']
Rich Tone Music have the LT for £725. I've shopped online with them a few times and have been happy with the service. I got mine elsewhere when the price went really low and managed to bag a 24 months interest free credit to boot!!
[/quote]

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1502355096' post='3350829']
Rich Tone Music have the LT for £725. I've shopped online with them a few times and have been happy with the service. I got mine when the price went really low and managed to bag a 24 months interest free credit to boot!!
[/quote]

You've got an LT? How do you find it?

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1502366454' post='3350951']
You've got an LT? How do you find it?
[/quote]

I've not really had a massive amount of time to set it up and have a proper play yet, but I am very pleased at how easy it is to create a patch. Having been using Positive Grid's BIAS FX and of course previously Line 6's own Pod Farm, i like the idea of a GUI where you can see the absolute signal path. Added FX to the chain is a breeze, assigning pedals to each effect (or multiples of effects) is a breeze and very handy. Signal routing is a must for me too, so I like the idea that I essentially have four different outputs to assign to what ever job I want as well as of course more than one input. The sounds are all brilliant and something had to give having been used to a mix of external pedals and 'hub' processor, I wanted more (drives etc) inside one box. The gigs I am doing now mean that I can rock up with one box, my IEM kit and a couple of basses and that's it. So it's looking promising!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1502367971' post='3350971']
I've not really had a massive amount of time to set it up and have a proper play yet, but I am very pleased at how easy it is to create a patch. Having been using Positive Grid's BIAS FX and of course previously Line 6's own Pod Farm, i like the idea of a GUI where you can see the absolute signal path. Added FX to the chain is a breeze, assigning pedals to each effect (or multiples of effects) is a breeze and very handy. Signal routing is a must for me too, so I like the idea that I essentially have four different outputs to assign to what ever job I want as well as of course more than one input. The sounds are all brilliant and something had to give having been used to a mix of external pedals and 'hub' processor, I wanted more (drives etc) inside one box. The gigs I am doing now mean that I can rock up with one box, my IEM kit and a couple of basses and that's it. So it's looking promising!
[/quote]

That's really good to know, especially as we seem to generally have a similar sound in mind. I was actually mailing bass direct earlier about moving some gear on in favour of getting one of these (and saving a significant amount of space at the same time!)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1502368168' post='3350975']
That's really good to know, especially as we seem to generally have a similar sound in mind. I was actually mailing bass direct earlier about moving some gear on in favour of getting one of these (and saving a significant amount of space at the same time!)
[/quote]

Yup we do! :) I am quite excited about trying out the Pearce Pre setting, as my favourite drive pedal is the EBS Sheehan Deluxe (Not that I am wanting to do the whole Sheehan thing mind, it's just the right sort of drive for my needs) - so it will be great if I can emulate the sound of that on board the Helix. Which seems like a fun thing to do as the Sheehan pedal was meant to be an emulation of his Pearce in the first place ha!

I had a nosey at Andertons and a few other shops today, to check on the pricing. Sure enough, they're currently charging the full UK RRP for the Helix & LT, where most other shops are continuing to discount both units.

Still can't afford one, but still want an LT.

I've been lurking on this thread also on the fence about ordering. Spotted the price hike too but thought it was my imagination so, have gone ahead and destroyed the credit card this evening haha

Can always return or sell to a guitarist for a small profit later if it doesn't do the job ;)

Edited by AndyW

Hahahaha that's two of us doing panic buys now 😂

Might be a good investment if these price hikes are permanent. The Fractal AX8 would be much more tempting if Line 6 stick with these prices #badmove. Can easily buy one in Thailand when I'm there next month for less than the big Helix.

Edited by AndyW

[quote name='AndyW' timestamp='1502456613' post='3351607']
Hahahaha that's two of us doing panic buys now

Might be a good investment if these price hikes are permanent. The Fractal AX8 would be much more tempting if Line 6 stick with these prices #badmove. Can easily buy one in Thailand when I'm there next month for less than the big Helix.
[/quote]

Try finding one to try in this country though!

[quote name='AndyW' timestamp='1502456613' post='3351607']
Hahahaha that's two of us doing panic buys now 😂

[/quote]

I've looked at the Helix before, more so when the LT came out, but I was about to buy two of the new Boss pedals - RV500 and MD-500....both of which would set me back around £680....and realised that was a lot of money for two pedals. The Chase Bliss Delay (latest model) is £499!!!!!!!

As the Helix is just about to have this crazy price hike, and I had a discount code, I thought I'd try one out.

I've got a good setup for using the power sections of my amps....or going direct.

Guitar wise, I can use my Katana amp which is getting positive feedback for using with the Helix.

I'd like to try it straight into a practice room PA and see how I go....

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1502457594' post='3351619']

Try finding one to try in this country though!
[/quote]

Not easy!
Is a 14 day free return from the European distributor but their prices are shocking. Had the Axe FX2 from them a few years back and returned it at the time lol

Line 6 have clinched it for now especially if some more of their M Series effects sneak into the system. But only due to their, what seems to have been 'introductory prices'

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1502457975' post='3351624']

I've looked at the Helix before, more so when the LT came out, but I was about to buy two of the new Boss pedals - RV500 and MD-500....both of which would set me back around £680....and realised that was a lot of money for two pedals. The Chase Bliss Delay (latest model) is £499!!!!!!!

As the Helix is just about to have this crazy price hike, and I had a discount code, I thought I'd try one out.

I've got a good setup for using the power sections of my amps....or going direct.

Guitar wise, I can use my Katana amp which is getting positive feedback for using with the Helix.

I'd like to try it straight into a practice room PA and see how I go....
[/quote]

Good planning. I've got a gig where I can experiments bit and was nailing it with just two pedals, however the Strymon was calling me which is over half the price already

Let's compare experiences once they arrive on Monday 👍🏼