Why become a member? ×

I saw Letz Zep last night at a festival in Dover

police squad

Saw and got quite matey with the original lineup over 10 years ago (and got quite drunk with them in Nottingham after doing a bit of voluntary gear humping for them after a gig in Nottingham once). Then Simon the drummer left though I think he's now back and the guitarist and finally Steve on bass/keys went so Billy on vox is the only constant member, think the band basically revolves around him. Nice bloke, started out as a bass player in Jagged Edge for those of us who remember that far back.

Edited by KevB

Yeah the Freds have been going even longer, singer is a Nottingham lad but the rest were all originally west midlands based. Probably nearer 20 years ago the first time I saw them, Running Horse in Nottm. They still occasionally play a pub not far from me. They were OK but used to lack a keys playing bass player so it closed off doing authentic versions of a good few Zep classics. They may have sorted that out these days though, not seen them for years.