Why become a member? ×

Best Markbass Combo to downgrade to....

bigevilman

Hi Guys

At end of the year, my band is looking to go on a bit of a break (the band has been gigging solid for 11 years!), so a LM2 and a 104HF will be a bit overkill for a practice amp!

Looking to stick with Markbass as I've got the combo head and it sounds great - but just wondering which combo to go to that would still be good enough for gigging small-medium pub gigs.

Any advice?

I think I`d look at the 210 combo. personally I`ve had the Mini CMD121 1x12 combo, but as you have the tens in your current cab, stick with the same. I`ve seen many bassists gig with the 210 combo and for regular sized pubs sounded great - in fact that`s why I went with markbass for a while.

[quote name='Sparky Mark' timestamp='1437142824' post='2823997']
As you already have a LM2 why not just get either a 210 or 112 Markbass cab?
[/quote]

And when it gets loud again...or you need to, just add another cab of the same MB spec.

Possibly be wary of the Traveller cabs...??

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1437143930' post='2824010']

And when it gets loud again...or you need to, just add another cab of the same MB spec.

Possibly be wary of the Traveller cabs...??
[/quote]

Whats up with the traveller cabs ? Thinking of adding one to my cmd210p

I have a cmd121p combo that I use with a ny121 cab when space is an issue at small venues and two trv121 cabs together with a LM3 when it isn't. I also have a 4ohm std104hf for outdoor or marquee gigs. Nothing wrong with markbass travellers but the standard cabs are significantly bigger and have a deeper natural delivery.

Edited by Sparky Mark