Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Silver Series currently at £20

I have no idea what these go for but surely this is worth a punt...
Collect only from Birkenhead, otherwise I might.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hemez-Bass-Guitar-/201353100070?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee1947b26

[quote name='BigAlonBass' timestamp='1432107470' post='2778116']
I love the fact that he can't read 'joined-up writing' and so it's either a 'Hemez' or a 'Hamez'. It'll probably end up a bargain, as not many will put those terms in a Search Engine. ;)
[/quote]

If I hadn't seen that logo before I think I'd have trouble deciphering it !

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1432129591' post='2778419']
I can recall seeing "Obanez" guitars listed in the old free-ad papers, so I guess people do struggle to read this logo.
[/quote] Or just can't type, i can see how all interpretations have arrived though.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1432109077' post='2778129']
Hopefully someone corrects the dude so he gets the proper amount of money owed to him. I'd like to think that BC wouldn't endorse ripping people off!
[/quote]
Oh, I think he'll do OK, it's currently over £50 with 6 days left.

Interesting bass, never seen a Silver Series version of this before.

Jon.

Guest MoJo

[URL=http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/markmojo1962/media/2379575_zpsxa9jqj6w.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w614/markmojo1962/2379575_zpsxa9jqj6w.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

At first I thought it was the perspective but I've found another photo of a similar model and my suspicions were confirmed. For some reason, they've placed the P pickup closer to the neck than it is on a Fender or Squier P/J. I wonder why they chose to do that as I would expect you've lost the classic P tone now

Bassassin?

Edited by MoJo

I never understand why people think that a low starting price, and a week to go until the auction ends means that it's going to be a bargain. Surely everyone knows by now that the major action in an eBay auction happens in the last 10 seconds. The thing that's going to keep the price of this bass down isn't the poor title description, but the fact that it's collection only.

Guest MoJo

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1432205910' post='2779107']
I never understand why people think that a low starting price, and a week to go until the auction ends means that it's going to be a bargain. Surely everyone knows by now that the major action in an eBay auction happens in the last 10 seconds. The thing that's going to keep the price of this bass down isn't the poor title description, but the fact that it's collection only.
[/quote]

Very true

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1432188357' post='2778920']
[url="http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/markmojo1962/media/2379575_zpsxa9jqj6w.jpeg.html"][/url]

At first I thought it was the perspective but I've found another photo of a similar model and my suspicions were confirmed. For some reason, they've placed the P pickup closer to the neck than it is on a Fender or Squier P/J. I wonder why they chose to do that as I would expect you've lost the classic P tone now

Bassassin?
[/quote]

Never noticed the pickup positioning before but the Ibby 2369bwh was actually a very early signature bass, co-designed with Tetsu Yamauchi (Free, Faces), who possibly specified this layout.

J.

Guest MoJo

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1432219432' post='2779338']

Did he also specify the back-breaking, shoulder-wrecking weight?

:lol:
[/quote]

That's one to knock off my watch list then

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1432109077' post='2778129']
Hopefully someone corrects the dude so he gets the proper amount of money owed to him. I'd like to think that BC wouldn't endorse ripping people off!
[/quote]
Somebody did. ;)

Not me. I personally don't think it's "ripping someone off" to get a bargain because somebody doesn't know/care what they're selling & can't be bothered finding out.

But then, I freely admit to being amoral scum. :)

J.

Ten years ago, in the relatively early days of eBay, there genuinely was something of a community feel (it were all fields then) and people would take the trouble to alert each other to errors in their listings. Well, sometimes anyway.

Now that the default action on any subject is to Google it first, it's genuinely hard to have much sympathy for a vendor who can't be arsed to do even the most basic of research before listing something.

Effectively, he's slotting himself into the category labelled "one born every minute". It's not my fault, and it's not my problem.

:mellow:

Ended up going for £196, which considering the half-arsed ad is probably massively more than the seller expected.

Still a pretty good deal for a rare bass that looks to be in good condition for its age. Anyone here?

J.

I'm always amazed by the high number of folk selling a bass who know nothing about the item. If they know nothing, how did they come to have it to sell?

Either a lot of bass players die still owning a bass or house clearance, or are they knocked off?

A lot of private sellers on Ebay these days seem to be junk shop blokes or car boot scavengers, listing big quantities of random items. Most of what this particular seller's been shifting recently looks like a large coin collection broken into individual lots - but I'd doubt he's either a bassist or a numismatist!

J.

Guest MoJo

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1432683485' post='2784000']
Ended up going for £196, which considering the half-arsed ad is probably massively more than the seller expected.

Still a pretty good deal for a rare bass that looks to be in good condition for its age. Anyone here?

J.
[/quote]

Not me. Lost me at 'back-breaking weight' :lol: