Why become a member? ×

Andertons have four Secondhand Ampeg PF500 Bass heads £200 each

basskit_case

That's good, and world wide there must have been a lot of happy PF500 users, but. . . . there were a lot of unhappy ones. Owners of very badly put together PF500's that regularly failed.

As I said they seem to have sorted out the problems they had with this amp, so new PF500's would be the ones I would go for.

Secondhand? It's a case of do you feel lucky today?

If they have lasted long enough to be traded in, I reckon they are unlikely to fail now.

EDIT: 5 at once? I reckon these could be a batch of repaired/reconditioned units.

Edited by JapanAxe

The ONLY time mine has gone into "Fail" mode was with an 8x10 Ampeg cab that had been screwed with by the owner of the rehersal studios (it wasn't the impedance it said it was - as he pointed out after the rehersal). They seem very sensitive to whatever cabs they are plugged into.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1431789697' post='2775045']
If they have lasted long enough to be traded in, I reckon they are unlikely to fail now.

EDIT: 5 at once? I reckon these could be a batch of repaired/reconditioned units.
[/quote] Think you hit the nail on the head there I bet they are recon units