Why become a member? ×

Bargain for someone!!

I have one of the Korean ones. Theyre nice bases but got outclassed with the Epiphone Classics (the set neck ones) and the Pro IV's. Sell for comparatively peanuts unfortunately

This ones cheaper;

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575090229&toolid=10001&campid=5337531593&customid=&icep_item=171780993069&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1431292617' post='2769779']

I sold a mint one 4 mths ago (still had plastic protective on) for £120... and it had a T'Bird shape gigbag.
[/quote]

Amazing - I'd have thought the parts were worth more than that :)

The through neck ones tend to not go for nothing. Depending on your cutoff for 'nothing' I suppose. I checked :) There was one that went for £185, which might be an older model given the bridge (or is that a replacement):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Pro-IV-Bass-Guitar-/221749254171?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a149181b&nma=true&si=UEbu3RV8N%252BSvp64yMZ6DUAI42ts%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and quite a few that failed to sell for a starting bid of £230 or so.

I was curious about one of these, for the sound not for the look. But, I suspect that with sufficient work I'll be able to dial in a similar sound either from my Rockbass Streamer Standard or Ibby SR760, with external eq and other processing.

With a fitted case, this looks to be a bargain for anyone who can pick up in Swansea.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Epiphone-Thunderbird-Pro-5-Bass-Guitar-/311358886744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item487e6f9358

However, the request to phone someone on a mobile number rather than ask questions on eBay is a bit off-putting. Is it an attempt to get around eBay fees? Or could it be something more ominous?

That call for any questions thing , is pretty common IE my dad who i set up ebay stuff for often sticks this on because uses this rather than logging in , or having some push notification pop through which he's not going to notice the its much less hassle

It can also make people feel a bit more secure with the whole ebay purchase ..... if a seller wants to dodge fee's they'll find very quickly that ebay wont put up with it and losing paypal protection for a buyer is not worth the hassle.