Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan Kaput?

discreet

[b]Fender Japan Kaput?[/b]

There's a rumour on TalkBass (yes, I know) that Fender Japan is downing tools and there will be no more new MIJ Fenders... when current stock is sold, that will be it.

Before I waste the rest of the day trawling the internetz for info, can anyone confirm or deny? I did a quick BC search but found nowt. Of course that doesn't mean anything, so if anyone can point me to a relevant thread on here I'd be very grateful.

It being TB, I'm inclined to think it's BS, but you never know. I thank you!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1430231805' post='2759243']
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/259363-the-end-of-the-creative-fender-japan-range/page__p__2742486__hl__japan__fromsearch__1#entry2742486"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2742486[/url]
This was the original thread from a few weeks back. Sadly it does sound like something is afoot.
[/quote]

Thanks, I thought there must be one. Why oh why couldn't I find it?? <_<

Read a bit about this a few weeks back, the most concrete info I could find is that the partnership between Fender & Kanda Shokai, which constitutes Fender Japan, had come to an end. This doesn't preclude future Japan-made Fenders but means the name Fender Japan may no longer be used, and that production will probably move elsewhere, since Kanda owns the Dyna Gakki factory.

Arguably the Dyna & Tokai-made CIJs never had the class of Fujigen-era MIJs anyway. <_<

Jon.