Why become a member? ×

Little Giant ??

Dr.Dave

• 1 month later...

Just in case you dont know what they are on about . . I didn't

ASHDOWN LABS LITTLE GIANT 350 COMPACT 350-WATT BASS HEAD AMPLIFIER WITH SEMI-PARAMETRIC EQ

Weighing 6.6 lbs and measuring 8.27 x 2.6 x 12.2-inches including the internal power supply, the Ashdown Labs Little Giant 350 will fit in a gig-bag pocket yet outputs an amazing 350-watts of bass power!

Dolphin are now listing these as 'overdue'. No sh1t! :)

You've got to wonder the issues with these are, as they're now at least 6 months over due with release dates coming and going faster than punters at a Bangkok whorehouse. Manufacturing/reliability issues? I don't find Ashdown's silence on the matter entirely comforting.

Edited by Musky

Given the troubles they had with the superfly i bet they're trying to make sure the same thing doesnt happen again! Theres obviously something in the digital section of Ashdown that aint quite right!

Anyway, heres with hope that all this time means the heads are actually worth the hype. I for one would love one and a small 12" cab for when i cant be arsed lugging my Trace!

I was thinking of looking at the 1000 watts version, but I don't like the mix of sliders and knobs.

I do have a Superfly amp (and also the Superfly lightweight cabs) and get a good sound. I know I'll have to replace the Superfly at some stage Dr Daves comments spring to mind !! :) but hopefully it'll be because the amp is old rather than blowing up.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='311075' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:59 AM']Seems like the Ashdown Fx pedal scenario all over again.
Wait...wait.....wait....wait....go somewhere else and get something better.[/quote]

Just like the Gallien-Krueger Fusion heads, I had the money put aside for one of those about two and half years ago (I think, it's been so long that I can't remember!) and they've only just come out now :)

[quote name='Merton' post='312990' date='Oct 23 2008, 02:20 PM']Just had an email from Ashdown, they say "fingers crossed" they'll be in stores mid November.....[/quote]
They've probably got their 'fingers crossed' that they don't all go ffzzztttttt within 6 weeks too.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='313157' date='Oct 23 2008, 05:55 PM']I really hope they get this right and produce a cheap alternative to the LMII![/quote]

I'd laugh so much if they laid waste to the MarkBass given that everyone here is saying they'll blow up depsite the fact they've never seen one nevermind played through one :)

[quote name='Protium' post='313257' date='Oct 23 2008, 07:57 PM']I'd laugh so much if they laid waste to the MarkBass given that everyone here is saying they'll blow up depsite the fact they've never seen one nevermind played through one :)[/quote]

Yeah, me to but we all know its not going to happen.
IF they had done 1000watts in to 4 ohms then i would be at the front of the queue.

[quote name='Protium' post='313257' date='Oct 23 2008, 07:57 PM']I'd laugh so much if they laid waste to the MarkBass given that everyone here is saying they'll blow up depsite the fact they've never seen one nevermind played through one :)[/quote]
I think the idea that they will blow up is born of the experience of Ashdowns blown up as regularly told on these pages.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='313329' date='Oct 23 2008, 09:29 PM']I think the idea that they will blow up is born of the experience of Ashdowns blown up as regularly told on these pages.[/quote]
wasnt that the time when they first shipped manafacture to china?think you will find they have sorted out those problems now.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='313385' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:32 PM']wasnt that the time when they first shipped manafacture to china?think you will find they have sorted out those problems now.[/quote]
That was some of it and Ampeg suffered from that as well. But I have seen a few people that got the Superfly when Sound Control were knocking them out cheap have had problems. sh*t sticks !