Why become a member? ×

Little Giant ??

Dr.Dave

[quote name='bass_ferret' date='Oct 23 2008, 10:37 PM' post='313392']
That was some of it and Ampeg suffered from that as well. But I have seen a few people that got the Superfly when Sound Control were knocking them out cheap have had problems. sh*t sticks !
[/
quote]
wouldnt now about those was thinking of the mag and abm range.will have to wait and see on the little giants.

I just got an e-mail from Ashdown too saying the heads will be in stores mid-November and they are very confident they will see they see the heads within weeks.

I asked about sorting out the problems the Superfly had and if they would be fixed for this head, yet the guy completely ignored my question about reliability - uh oh.

[quote name='Stan_da_man' post='313533' date='Oct 24 2008, 08:42 AM']I asked about sorting out the problems the Superfly had and if they would be fixed for this head, yet the guy completely ignored my question about reliability - uh oh.[/quote]
Course he did - he doesn't want to look a prat if they all go up in smoke, yet at the same time he doesn't want to say "er, not really..." Hahaha - difficult question to answer, nice one!

I have to say I'm sorely tempted to get an LG 350 as a back up to my combo, it's a bloody good price.

Must... resist...

The only thing putting me off is the fact that while it seems to be a digital version of the MAG series it doesn't have the compressor in it.
While i know that you can get much better using a pedal like a BBE its still a nice feature to have built in IMO.
I always liked the MAG sound and i believe the LG's are almost like digital versions.

If the reviews are kind i might just get one as a back up as well. In fact if its smaller and lighter than my LMII i might just go ahead and replace that (for reasons ive talked about in my letting other bass players use my rig thread).

Anyone notice that according to Ashdown its only 66mm wide? Thats amazing. I think maybe they got Height and width mixed up.
Good ol Ashdown.

Seems heavier the LMII as well.

Here we go ;-)

I also quite fancy the new MB F500 but thats about double the cost of the LG350

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='313571' date='Oct 24 2008, 09:40 AM']Anyone notice that according to Ashdown its only 66mm wide? Thats amazing. I think maybe they got Height and width mixed up.
Good ol Ashdown.

Seems heavier the LMII as well.

Here we go ;-)[/quote]
Yeah, they've definitely screwed up the dimensions. Also notice it won't be smaller than your LMII - it's a foot deep!

[quote name='Merton' post='313574' date='Oct 24 2008, 09:42 AM']Yeah, they've definitely screwed up the dimensions. Also notice it won't be smaller than your LMII - it's a foot deep![/quote]

yeah, i noticed that as well although it looks like its depth and height will be smaller so it still might work. It would need to go in my suit bag.
The weight would be the limiting factor here for me.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='313579' date='Oct 24 2008, 09:47 AM']The weight would be the limiting factor here for me.[/quote]
I'll be going from a 42kg combo so it'll see m non-existent in comparison!! Haha. Ah well, let's see if they ever release them and if they're any good first...

I saw these advertised many months ago on various websites at silly low prices with none in stock, so it makes me wonder if there's been major issues with quality that they've not been able to release them or someone's made an arse of pricing em & can't afford to produce em.

I would have liked to have compared it with other gear too. Happy with what I have tho :)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='314131' date='Oct 24 2008, 08:37 PM']I saw these advertised many months ago on various websites at silly low prices with none in stock, so it makes me wonder if there's been major issues with quality that they've not been able to release them or someone's made an arse of pricing em & can't afford to produce em.

I would have liked to have compared it with other gear too. Happy with what I have tho :)[/quote]

I think this is just the way Ashdown do things. Im pretty sure the pedals took the best part of a year ot arrive in the shops. Also the EVOIII's were coming for well over a year after being anounced IIR.

[quote name='peted' post='315611' date='Oct 27 2008, 10:20 AM']Even with the supply difficulties, they've still managed to maintain my interest. I'm waiting to hear of people's experience with these heads, and what sort of sound they will put out (vintage or modern?).[/quote]

Oh yes, im keeping my fingers crossed that these will be worth the wait. Very sceptical but hopeful at the same time.
Im sure i read these are based on the MAG heads so i think i have an idea what they will sound like. Ive always liked the MAG tone.

Edited by dave_bass5