WITHDRAWN [PLEASE LOCK FOR NOW THANKS]
£1000

rosco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All PM's replied too.

The bass weighs 9 pounds exactly.

I'm also considering withdrawing this from sale for two major reasons:

1. I managed to pick up some recording work last week and the Valenti was sounding amazing throughout, yet again reminding me of how crazy I am for considering a sale!

2. Far too many people are trying to low ball me further on the final and [b]ridiculously[/b] [b]fair[/b] price drop to £695. [u]NOTE: I [b]will not[/b] sell this bass for less than £695.[/u]

I'll definitely confirm my plans with a final bump by the end of this week.

Cheers for the interest so far guys,

Ross

• 1 month later...

Bumping this back up for sale for the same [b]fixed [/b]price of £695. Any courier costs, chosen and covered by the buyer.

I'm away to Australia for 3 weeks this evening, but will have regular access to emails and I also have a very good friend who can prepare the bass for postage if necessary.

The only reason I'm selling is due to the bass gathering dust at the moment and a pretty quiet start to the year.. Take advantage of my uncertainty whilst you can!

Once again, I [b]will not[/b] go lower in price. The price is as low as it should be in my opinion. [b]No trades[/b] either please.

Cheers,

Ross

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Nino Valenti' timestamp='1462501214' post='3043601']
If shipping weren't so damned expensive, I'd buy it back at this price...
[/quote]

Doesn't get much better than endorsement from the man himself! The market is indeed crazy at the moment isn't it lol!

Edited by jimbobothy

I owned this bass for a year around 2008. I traded it for a 3EQ Stingray in vintage sunburst which was a daft move in retrospect and then I nearly managed to get it back from Richard a few years later. Brilliant bass, superb player. If I had the funds for it I would be in for it. As it's definitely a bass I regret letting go.
Someone should buy this and then just keep it and enjoy owning it and using it for a long, long time. (rich words coming from me I know)
Every time I see this bumped back up I think of ways I could maybe buy it back but alas the bass fund is empty :-(

Hey guys,

Great to see some interest back this way for the amazingly underrated talents of Nino Valenti.

I'm pretty sure I'm swaying to slapping myself in the face and holding onto this for as long as possible! A lot of you in the forum will know the horrible reality of 'having to choose one to let go' due to financial issues, 'quiet gigging periods' etc. etc. And the only reason I had to choose this amazing bass is due to the sentimental values of my Stingray (which would have poor value on here anyways due to the 'true relic' it's got going on!) and the low value of my Squier P Bass (which, ironically, after all the mods is the best sounding P I've ever played or recorded with! It's honestly been on more records recently than any other bass I've used!).

I'm definitely a P bass guy through and through, however I'm starting to make friends with the world of jazz basses. This one has a sh*t tonne of tone on offer with merely the slightest adjustment of the right hand pressure and positioning! Not to mention the vibe that's blooming from it!

I'll post my final thoughts tomorrow after my gig tonight however once again, the only reason you'll see this back up for sale from me is due to the endless juggling of bills!

Cheers,

Ross