Why become a member? ×

Audition Thief

gt4ever

This is a horrible story. I have twice left stuff begging to be stolen. Once a case of pedals and leads and the other time my bass in a car park. BHoth times they were tracked down due to really helpful folk out there.

If you're still skint, IM me your address and I'll pop a kettle lead and a jack to speakon cable in the post for you. Bit of good Karma etc.

So disappointed for you that plod could not follow through. Having kit nicked is a most unpleasant feeling (have experienced theft - but not in such a personal direct situation with intent). Seems even worse since it is another (alleged) musician - having said that I have been ripped off with failed purchase on here a long time ago so have some sense of that as well. Remember the majority of us are good. The perpetrator will get his due justice in the course of time, he will come unstuck. If he is lucky it will be lawful, if he is unlucky will be worse.

No offence, is there anything that is desperately needed - many here will help out, me included.

Edited by 3below

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1428357746' post='2740614']
If he is telling the truth then he would be a liability in a band. Leaving kit unattended - a very basic error on his part and a very costly one. I am not convinced. I would report it to plod and let him experience professional questioning. I have seen this as a third party, his story (if it is) will soon unfold. He was the last one seen with the kit... is his call to answer.
[/quote]

Unfortunately he is only under obligation to answer police questions if under arrest. He can feasibly not turn up to interview, or give a 'no comment' interview, unless there is enough evidence initially and he is charged with theft.

[quote name='acidbass' timestamp='1429050812' post='2747573']
Unfortunately he is only under obligation to answer police questions if under arrest. He can feasibly not turn up to interview, or give a 'no comment' interview, unless there is enough evidence initially and he is charged with theft.
[/quote]

Good points, I was hoping for the most positive outcome. Given the'front' of what has taken place the 'no comment' interview could have been a high probability.

You must have a name of the guy.... and they police must have his details if they've talked to him..?
therefore it shouldn't be hard to track him down.
This guy didn't just appear at the audition, so if his details are false, the 'crime' is intended and premeditated
and if they are true you'll catch up with him at some point.
You pretty much know what he did, so ...??