Why become a member? ×

Percy Jones...

White Cloud

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1427578847' post='2732024']
Reallt enjoyed that. Never really given them enough of my time. What's the best place to start?
[/quote]
Jump right in with the LP "Masques"....incredible bass playing throughout...in particular "The ghost of mayfield lodge" (written by Percy about his time spent in actual residence at the haunted location as per the title!)

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1427578847' post='2732024']
Reallt enjoyed that. Never really given them enough of my time. What's the best place to start?
[/quote]

Get all of it! "Nuclear Burn" 4 CD box, featuring the main Brand X albums plus some extras: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nuclear-Burn-Brand-X/dp/B00O9K8WS4

Currently £12.82 and worth every penny. You get John Giblin on some of it, which is no bad thing (plus a couple of tracks with both of them)

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1427623530' post='2732326']
I remember watching Percy with the Liverpool Scene in O'Connors Tavern in the late 60s, he was mind blowing then.
[media]http://youtu.be/1gmpQC2BNfg[/media]
[/quote]
Thanks for sharing that was really interesting.

That Nova album is rarer than hens teeth John. I have an ancient copy on Vinyl but I think the only CD versions are imports costing fifty odd quid.! :o

My favourite BrandX album would most likely be Product. Wal to Wal is a superb bass duet and I love April.

[quote name='jacko' timestamp='1427671685' post='2732974']
That Nova album is rarer than hens teeth John. I have an ancient copy on Vinyl but I think the only CD versions are imports costing fifty odd quid.! :o

My favourite BrandX album would most likely be Product. Wal to Wal is a superb bass duet and I love April.
[/quote]
Thanks for the heads Up Graeme.