Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 500 V3 - Got One? What's It Like?

Norris

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1442659932' post='2868541']
One of the venues I play in has the 100 watt one as backline. It was pretty good. I really loved the fact I could pick it up with my pinky.

I thought about buying one of the 500 watters but don't like the stories of unreliability.
[/quote]
The shop where I bought mine gave me an instore 3 year´warranty for it..
Had it 18 months or so now and it's been fine. A hassle of course if it goes tits -up .. but touch wood so far..

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks, my Ashdown ABM rig (EVO3 head, 115 & 410 cabs) is starting to get a little roadweary and I've been looking at replacements that will still give the oomph but might be a little lighter. I've got a top 3 so far - barefaced big twin cab (still got to decide on amp), or a TC RH750 with 212 & 210......and this Rumble 500 with a couple of 410s (or maybe a 115 plus 410). The reasons for having this in my hit list are - price (about 2/3 of the others) and I had a shot on a Rumble 100W combo yesterday and the sounds were really great - exactly what I'm after.

So - my question for the team : Anyone using a Rumble 500 head with 2 x 410 cabs? (I think they are 8 ohm so this will work).

Can't help with that, but I run a Rumble 500 amp with the 1x15 (the 115) cab.

What can I say? Basically, it's an awesome rig. The new Rumble range is indeed excellent, and superbly well priced.

.....and they look soooo cool! B)

Edited by spongebob

I have the 500 combo. I've heard that they are very good with a 2x10 extension cab. However the combo on its own is plenty for my needs. In fact I used it in preference to the Hartke house rig at our gig on Friday night and got a much better sound from the combo. (LH1000 + 4x10 + 1x15)

I have the 500 combo. I've heard that they are very good with a 2x10 extension cab. However the combo on its own is plenty for my needs. In fact I used it in preference to the Hartke house rig at our gig on Friday night and got a much better sound from the combo. (LH1000 + 4x10 + 1x15)

I've only got the 500 combo as well. However, I've downsized to the 500 from an Ampeg 410 and I am pleasantly surprised at how loud this little 210 combo is. I could feel the sound on the back of my legs the last time I used it. The guys I was playing with got a bit fed up of me say "damn it this thing is loud".

Fender seem to provide a lot of volume in their gear. I owned the V2 350 combo and that was always kept up with the band I was in, and the drummer was very heavy handed.

A V3 500 head with 2 410's I should imagine would have plenty of ooomph, a different sound but I'd guess it would have plenty of guts. I used an old V2 500w head and V2 410 a few months back and that was loud and I was very impressed with the tone...but then I've come to realise I'm a Fender amp man :)

I might be wrong but I think the combo's are the way to go with this line. I use the 500 combo with the 210 extension and it's plenty loud enough for anything I'll ever need.
They seem to of voiced these combo's really nicely, I like to sligtly drive the gain and get some nice breakup (just like the big Ampeg rigs)

It's probably for the same reason I bought combo over the head. The head is coming in at around £380 and for an extra £60-80 you're getting a 2x10" so it just made sense.

I've been toying with the idea of adding the 2x10" cab all year but I've never been in a situation where I thought I would benefit from having it

I went to a gig last night where the supprt band' s bass player was using a Rumble 500 combo with a Fender Jag. It was DI'd through the PA but you could hear it was a Rumble, especially when the headline band came on after. The headline band's bass player was using one of those old little orange Ashdown amps and IEM's so the difference was clear. The Rumble really sounded good. Nice to see it being used in a good sized venue as well. This was a local arts centre, about 250 capacity I think with a 25ft (ish) high ceiling.

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1446262115' post='2898217']
I've been toying with the idea of adding the 2x10" cab all year but I've never been in a situation where I thought I would benefit from having it
[/quote]

Same here. I love the thought of an extension cab, but can't think of any situation where I'd actually *need* one

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1446369830' post='2898769']
Same here. I love the thought of an extension cab, but can't think of any situation where I'd actually *need* one
[/quote]

You might be surprised how much more fill it gives to your sound, even at lowish volumes. A big plus is that it's also closer to ear height when stacked.
In fact, I feel I miss something if I only take the combo, could be psudeo in play.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1446369830' post='2898769']
[/quote]
[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1446370877' post='2898782']
You might be surprised how much more fill it gives to your sound, even at lowish volumes. A big plus is that it's also closer to ear height when stacked.
In fact, I feel I miss something if I only take the combo, could be psudeo in play.
[/quote]

I run the Rumble 500 V3 combo with the 210 extension cab, not for extra volume as such but I find that it gives extra depth and raising the combo up gives me a better impression of the sound going out front rather than have it blasting past my legs. It also highlights any sloppy playing and mistakes, forcing me to raise my game ;)

Edited by MoJo

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1446370877' post='2898782']
[/quote]

+1 on this. When I run my 500 alone, it sounds great....when I add the 115 cab, it really does give it an extra push to the stratosphere! :lol: