Why become a member? ×

Fender P Bass - **SOLD**
£2995

dodgnofski

Thank you, it's not an abrasion - it's where the paint has 'flaked off', the bare wood is unmarked, so it could be the grain you are seeing.

No idea why the paint is flaking, it' was like that when I got her :(

[quote name='dodgnofski' timestamp='1426698461' post='2720990']
Thank you, it's not an abrasion - it's where the paint has 'flaked off', the bare wood is unmarked, so it could be the grain you are seeing.

No idea why the paint is flaking, it' was like that when I got her :(
[/quote]
Dont be sad, i absolutely love the look and if i had the spare cash (ie no children to support) i would be beating the door down

Edited by Geek99

Sorry to hear you've got arthritic probs mate :(
This bass looks a stunner

It will be awful to let it go
But needs must....
How do you get on with slimmer necks? - Like a Jazz for instance?

You may find you can play a bit longer, or a lot longer,
or hopefully, the pain will go away....

As my own years advance, I now understand people when they talk about the weight of a bass,
or the comfortable positioning of hands....

I couldn't afford this bass sadly,
but have a free bump
and don't forget to let us know if you find other instruments more comfy to play

Cheers :)

I've pretty much the exact same bass - though the one I have hasn't got the lollipop tuners (sadly!).

If it's anything like the one I own someone is going to get an amazing instrument. I own three 60s P-basses and this is my favourite - it's also the one that I've had most comments about in terms of the sound (it has a sound all of its own and the tone control works right through the range).

Mine's battered to bits and the wood against the white primer Fender were using then against the worn sunburst is fabulous. And like yours, the scratchplate is the most amazing deep colour.

Good luck with the sale and, as I say, if it's anything like mine someone is going to get a fabulous bass...

Edited by Old Man Riva

Thanks for the kind words Chaps :)

Strangely I find my very old Jack Bass easiest to play for err 'longer' periods - in the words of Harry Worth - showing my age now! - 'I don't know why, but there it is' :)!! Then next probably the Status, so it's obviously a weight / headless thang, as they are both under 8lbs

But it's 'something' spooky when I pick up and play the '68, wether it's Mojo or just my imagination - daft old bugger - it just. has 'something' ?? - Boomshanka :)!!

As a fellow arthritic old bugger, you have my sympathies... and I'm sure it's not your imagination, it has lots going on! Boomshanka indeed. I would say "May the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman" but that would also be showing my age. Love those lollipop tuners. Good luck with the sale if you really have to part with it. Or you could just take a bit more glucosamine and cod liver oil and keep it! ;)

Ah, 'Neil' from the Young Ones :D!! - welcome to the Old Codgers Club :gas:!!

Funnily enough, I did the Harry Worth window thing the other night :D!! But I can only do it with my right arm and leg these days, if I try do it with the left arm and leg - I fall over, especially on the way home from the pub!! your 'Old Codgers Club' badge is in the post :rolleyes:!!

Thank you, yes she does :)!! and very loud - for some reason beyond my comprehension - more windings?? I got the chance to A/B these pickups against two early 70's Precisions last year with the same amp settings and the difference in volume was surprising to say the least!!

To my very old cloth ears, she sounds like a 60's P should. However, the tone control has a big range compared to a lot of P's I've played over the years, as some of them didn't seem to do a lot at all.

I've had to put her away in her case now :( - if I leave her on her stand, I can't stop picking her up for a noodle, oo- er missus, which not only stops me from getting things done, but the more I play her, the less I want to part company with her :(!!