Why become a member? ×

Pete Townshend twin-neck.

spectoremg

http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/guitar/gibsoneds1275.html

Full history of Townshend's double neck dalliance in link above, including the same image as in the very first post in the thread. More interesting, perhaps, is the band's flirtation with dandyish psychedelic clothes. The brocade jacket and frilly ruff thing didn't last long.

Apparently Jeremy Clarkson owns one of Keith Moon's more famous kits.

Bigger photos in the link Skank posted. Not really much of a Who officianado but that Gibson twin neck does look like it's been repaired and the necks aren't parallel anymore in later photos, unless it's a trick of the camera angle.

The whole sorry saga of Mr Townshend's engagement with the 1275 is recounted in the linked page above. Seems the poor old thing underwent an 'enforced transformation' requiring a repair which left it with necks out of parallel.

Of course, it may be possible that Mr T was striving to effect an [i]homage[/i] to the custom twin neck constructed by Mr Paul Bigsby for Mr Grady Martin (who played on - among many other hits - Miss Brenda Lee's 'Rocking Around The Christmas Tree'). But i doubt it.

[size=3][b]Bigsby[/b]: It's meant to look like that[/size]