Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L2500

Hit&Run

My G&L Tribute L2500 is up for sale. Here's some specs I borrowed from the G&L website:

[b]PICKUPS[/b] 2 Fullerton-made G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups
[b]BODY WOOD[/b] Swamp Ash (a 2 piece body on this particular example, I'm led to believe)
[b]NECK WOOD[/b] Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
[b]NECK RADIUS[/b] 12" (304.8mm)
[b]NECK WIDTH AT NUT[/b] 1 3/4" (44.5mm)
[b]TUNING KEYS[/b] Open-back traditional tuners
[b]BRIDGE[/b] G&L Saddle Lock bridge, string-through-body configuration. Nickel plated die-cast saddles.
[b]CONTROLS[/b] G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high frequency EQ boost)

Anyway, here's some piccies:

[attachment=12062:STA60088.JPG]
[attachment=12061:STA60089.JPG]
[attachment=12063:STA60093.JPG]
[attachment=12064:STA60095.JPG]
[attachment=12066:STA60096.JPG]
[attachment=12067:STA60097.JPG]

I think she's quite a looker!
I'd describe the condition as perfect, as I'm not aware of any dings, dints, scratches, buckle rash etc... and I checked it yesterday!
I had the bass set up by Steve Robinson (Manchester Guitar Tech), who also replaced the plastic nut with a bone one. Other than the nut (& strings), everything else is factory fresh. Plastic cover still on the control plate, it has left my house twice in it's life (once to see Steve!).

I bought this bass 2 years ago, and a couple of months later switched to mainly 4 strings owing to a lead guitarist departure in my (then) band. I haven't seriously played 5 strings since, but the GAS machine trundles on and I need funds.

I remember a (virtually identical) L2000 was for sale on here recently, so I'll price mine in line with that:
[b]£400 with hard case & next day courier delivery[/b]
or
[b]£350 without case & delivery[/b] (ie you pick it up in person)

If you have any questions or want more piccies, feel free to PM me. I'm only online for about an hour per day, but I'll answer any (ensible) PMs I get.

Thanks.

Edited by Hit&Run

[quote name='budget bassist' post='261952' date='Aug 13 2008, 09:39 PM']BUMP for an awesome bass, i just bought a 4 string version of this (same finish and board too!) from stingray fan and they really are amazing basses for the money, they play and sound absolutely fantastic. They've got a real chunky growl to them, brilliant.
Good luck with the sale :)[/quote]
Thanks for the boost BB.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='262032' date='Aug 13 2008, 11:00 PM']and a bump from me. mine is identical![/quote]
...a man of good taste I see! It must be something in the water 'round these parts.

[quote name='Wooks' post='262613' date='Aug 14 2008, 06:23 PM']Man that's one sexy bit of kit!!! :huh:
I wish I knew you had this when you bought me Cirrus we could have done a trade mate!! :)[/quote]
If I had better timing I'd turn pro!

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='262620' date='Aug 14 2008, 06:42 PM']I have the Usa version of this bass in sunburst, it has a great sounding pre amp & pickups.
The B sounds nice & fat too.[/quote]
Cheers dude.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='265799' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:05 PM']Has this not gone? Surprised. For anyone lusting over a SR5, this is a similar sound for half the price![/quote]
Couldn't agree more. Must be the best value Bass on the market, (except the Spector Euro 5 I got brand new for £499).
It'll do Stingray, Jazz and P-Bass. No need to carry different basses around.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='266011' date='Aug 20 2008, 12:44 AM']Couldn't agree more. Must be the best value Bass on the market, (except the Spector Euro 5 I got brand new for £499).
It'll do Stingray, Jazz and P-Bass. No need to carry different basses around.[/quote]
Too right.

I bought yorks5stringer's spare in Sunburst.....absolutely fabulous bass.

In truth, the ash/maple one would be my first choice, they look great. If you've still got it when I win the lottery this weekend, I'll give you a nudge. Other than that, have a free bump on me.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='265799' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:05 PM']Has this not gone? Surprised. For anyone lusting over a SR5, this is a similar sound for half the price![/quote]It's still up for sale.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='266011' date='Aug 20 2008, 12:44 AM']Couldn't agree more. Must be the best value Bass on the market, (except the Spector Euro 5 I got brand new for £499).
It'll do Stingray, Jazz and P-Bass. No need to carry different basses around.[/quote]This credit crunch is obviously hitting us low-enders hard

[quote name='noisedude' post='266026' date='Aug 20 2008, 01:30 AM']Kinda annoying that it's still here because I'm waiting to sell mine now and don't want to tread on the toes of this listing because mine's a fairly similar colour!![/quote]That's extremely civilised noisedude. After all, we don't want a price war. :)

[quote name='Alastair' post='266075' date='Aug 20 2008, 09:03 AM']If this was a 4 stringer I'd be resisting the overwhelming temptation to get the wallet out![/quote]Don't look at it as a 5 string; look at it as a 4 string with a long (and versatile) thumbrest.

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='266094' date='Aug 20 2008, 09:47 AM']Too right.

I bought yorks5stringer's spare in Sunburst.....absolutely fabulous bass.

In truth, the ash/maple one would be my first choice, they look great. If you've still got it when I win the lottery this weekend, I'll give you a nudge. Other than that, have a free bump on me.[/quote]If you win the lottery, the price'll go up. If you don't win the lottery you can have it for the prices quoted above.
It's hard to believe, but your life could actually be enriched more if you don't win the lottery!

Thanks for the input (& bumps) guys.

I have the USA version of this bass, exactly the same neck and finish. Great bass - very, very underated, it's recently become my no.1 go to bass over my SR5 and Bongo HS5.

What is it with non Fender badged Fenders that make them so good. I think Leo was just trying to prove the J and P weren't flukes.

S

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='266541' date='Aug 20 2008, 07:05 PM']That's extremely civilised noisedude. After all, we don't want a price war. :huh:[/quote]
No worries, we're in the same area as well so it's a courtesy I would like if the situations were reversed, so I thought I'd hang fire for the time being. :)

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='267162' date='Aug 21 2008, 03:52 PM']Hey lovely Bass, I dont suppose you could send over some sound clips of it? Ive never reeally heard G n L yet!
Cheers
(bumpin)[/quote]
Erm, I don't have any sound clips or any way (that I know) of recording any.

Does anyone have any G&L tones ready recorded that I can borrow? Preferably from a G&L with an ash body, and a maple neck & fingerboard?
They'd be muchly appreciated.

Thanks.

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='267242' date='Aug 21 2008, 06:12 PM']Erm, I don't have any sound clips or any way (that I know) of recording any.

Does anyone have any G&L tones ready recorded that I can borrow? Preferably from a G&L with an ash body, and a maple neck & fingerboard?
They'd be muchly appreciated.

Thanks.[/quote]
I'm sure the G&L site has a load of sound clips already.

Go to [url="http://www.glguitars.com/"]http://www.glguitars.com/[/url], then "Audio Clips" from the left menu, then select "Continue to audio clips" from the main body, then select "L-2500" from the basses.

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='267287' date='Aug 21 2008, 07:07 PM']What a lot of bass for little money! Let me dust off my wallet..[/quote]
In all seriousness, you won't be disappointed if you do.

I'd not heard one myself either, til I heard a bass player who was gigging at the same venue as me. I thought it sounded fantastic, so I came home and started looking on the net. That same day, yorks5stringer was selling his. I couldn't believe the price they were selling for.

It's now used as my main bass, ahead of my 91 Thumb 5 NT, Lakland JO5 and Fender Marcus Miller sig.