Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L2500

Hit&Run

Holy cow!!!!!
just checked out the G&L sound clips, thats an absolutely amazing sound, thanks for putting me onto these pete, i might end up selling my warwick after all, would love to try the all maple one, its got to be the one to have.
all the best - lee

In all seriousness, you won't be disappointed if you do.

I'd not heard one myself either, til I heard a bass player who was gigging at the same venue as me. I thought it sounded fantastic, so I came home and started looking on the net. That same day, yorks5stringer was selling his. I couldn't believe the price they were selling for.

It's now used as my main bass, ahead of my 91 Thumb 5 NT, Lakland JO5 and Fender Marcus Miller sig.

[quote name='spree' post='270815' date='Aug 27 2008, 10:27 AM']Can you tell me what the heel width is please?[/quote]
I'll have a look/measure tonight, and post it tomorrow.
By 'heel width' do you mean from 'bass' side to 'treble' side, or from back of heel to the front of the fretboard.

I've never been asked about heel width before!

Thanks

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='271226' date='Aug 27 2008, 06:47 PM']I'll have a look/measure tonight, and post it tomorrow.
By 'heel width' do you mean from 'bass' side to 'treble' side, or from back of heel to the front of the fretboard.

I've never been asked about heel width before!

Thanks[/quote]
If it helps, the string spacing at the bridge is about 17mm, similar to a Stingray.

[quote name='spree' post='270815' date='Aug 27 2008, 10:27 AM']Can you tell me what the heel width is please?[/quote]
Well, here I go. I don't know if these figures will mean anything, and i measured then using a steel tape measure.

The heel pocket looks about 70mm from bass side to treble side.

The body wood is 25mm thick at the heel, and the neck wood (inc f/board) is also 25mm at the heel.

Are these figures what you were after? I apologise if they're not.

Thanks.

Ed friedland does a fantastic review of the 4 string version, its on youtube [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4AP58jC5o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4AP58jC5o[/url]

Best review/sound demo.

If I had the cash, I'd be all over this BUMP!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='273382' date='Aug 30 2008, 10:17 PM']What case would you be sending it in mate? A G&L one?[/quote]
Nothing that flash, I'm afraid.
I was throwing the case in as part of the 'shipping deal' because it's mega-solid and will offer sweet protection whilst in transit. It's also pretty weighty. It's a black, oblong, ABS affair with a few stickers and if (IIRC) a bit of blue spray paint on it. If you wanted to clean it up it shouldn't be difficult. Structurally & fittings-wise it's A-OK.

Thanks.