Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 or TC Electronic RH750

thebrig

I have been using a [b]Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2[/b] with [b]2 x Genz Benz Shuttle 2x10 cabs[/b], and have been very pleased so far, but last week we rehearsed in a studio that was owned by our drummer's friend, and in there was a [b]TC Electronic RH750[/b] going through a [b]TC Electronic RS212 cab[/b] and a [b]RS112 cab[/b], and I thought it sounded great.

So I would be interested to hear the views of anyone who has tried both, and whether the [b]TC Electronic RH750[/b] would sound as good going through my two [b]Genz Benz Shuttle 2x10 cabs[/b], or would it need the [b]TC Electronic cabs [/b]as well to get the best out of it?

I think the TC RH750 is a good amp. I ran one through 2 Berg AE112's and 2 Berg AE210 cabs and the sound was very good with both rigs. But then most amps sound good through Bergantino cabs.

I've no experience with the other gear you mention.

If it was me I'd take my cabs to the studio and try them out with the TC.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1423673354' post='2687806']
If it was me I'd take my cabs to the studio and try them out with the TC.
[/quote]

That has to be it. Everyone listens for different aspects with gear, so hearing your cabs with the TC will be the decider.

I've got both. I had the RH750 first, then bought the Shuttle 9.2 just because I fancied trying something different. My thoughts are this, the 750 is a good amp with a cracking feature set, 3 memory presets, built in tuner, on board compressor and TubeTone, and with the foot controller it's very versatile. However, I find with my Barefaced Big Twin 2, the Shuttle just seems to work better. It's very clean with superb clarity but you can dial in some tube warmth if you want it. I will say though, I spoke to a friend who has a RH750 and his verdict is that his RH works far better when he uses it through TC cabs. If you will make use of all the features on the RH they are great, but if the presets, compressor, TubeTone are not going to be of much use to you I'd go with the Shuttle.

I have had both of those amps, playing through a Markbass 4x10 and 1x15 rig. I use a clean, scooped sound with no interference from those damned tube thingies.

I found that the Shuttle was certainly loud, but didn't seem to have the real meaty depth that I needed to put the bottom into a rock band playing at pub volumes. The RH750, on the other hand, nailed the sound as soon as I had worked out how to set up the semi-parametric to the frequencies I needed. For me, it's the TC all the way!!!

**Just a note to add that there's a Barefaced BB2 on the way, so the EQ will be tweaked again soon :)

We'll all tell you to buy what we've got/like.

Both amps will do a great job.

In the end, only you can decide the one that works for you - and a lot of it might well come down to the look/features/form factor at least as much as the sound.

[quote name='Alec' timestamp='1424103706' post='2692645']
We'll all tell you to buy what we've got/like.

Both amps will do a great job.

In the end, only you can decide the one that works for you - and a lot of it might well come down to the look/features/form factor at least as much as the sound.
[/quote]you talk a lot of sense Alec.

I think I will stick with the GB Shuttle 9.2, I know it's a great amp, I guess I'm just suffering from a bad case of GAS!!! :unsure: