Why become a member? ×

Joe Satriani tour

Paul S

Satch is on tour here through November - the *huge* surprise for me is he is playing the Cliff's Pavilion in Southend, which is just a 4000 seater venue. I wouldn't say I was a 'fan' but it would be rude not see such an influential player locally for not a lot of dosh - got my ticket already! :)

Glad you're going. Next to Alex life son , he is my fave guitar hero;) I believe brian beller is playing , but not stu Hamm tho'.
My friend sent me txt, but I'm in hospital and he is moving house. He may get tkts for hammy o nearer the time, but I doubt it.
Seen him obviously a few times before , so not a huge catastrophe if I miss out

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1423166769' post='2681761']
Saw him a couple of years ago. Is it just me or is two hours of guitar noodling a bit tedious?
[/quote]

I'd have to agree with you there.

I just cannot listen to stuff like that anymore. Bores the arse off me.

I'm sure JTUK would class him as a "Pro". :)

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1423166769' post='2681761']
Saw him a couple of years ago. Is it just me or is two hours of guitar noodling a bit tedious?
[/quote]

I play my guitar much more than I do by bass so this isnt a 'anti guitarist' post but I find it extremely tedious as well. I think its a great thing he can do but when its constant all the time it drives me up the wall.

Its the same with Slash, I watched the 'Live in Stoke' show i think it was called, and he was doing all sorts of noodling after almost every song and it was so bloody annoying I turned it off!

Billy Sheehan as well, I cant watch the 15 minute solo videos you see on YouTube.

I like all three artists but the noodling for the sake of noodling because you can noodle is not for me. Its not music, its just showing off!

Edited by Weststarx

Got my ticket!

I really enjoy JS live. However, whereas some gigs leave me feeling like I want to watch it all again the next night (Slipknot and Muse spring to mind), I am content to leave seeing other artists for a year or so!

Oh, and Mike Kineally is in the band! Last time I saw them together he won their guitar duel in Ice 9 hands down.

• 8 months later...