Why become a member? ×

King Crimson UK tour

toneknob

I was at Brighton on Saturday. No spoilers but you're in for some hot tickles. (Setlists from the tour so far are available at setlist.fm and dgmlive.com for the curious). Full steam ahead for Hackney tomorrow.

Kick off is very soon after the advertised 7.30, and there's no interval nor support. I suspect my journey home from Brighton to SW London will be faster than my journey home from Hackney.

Edited by toneknob

A friend of mine wants to see Tony levin. I wouldn't mind either. We chatted about it a couple of months ago,and said we'd go, the next time they are over .
Forgot about this thread, so have missed out . Hopefully , they will do more next year .
Phone those who are going , enjoy it ;)

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1441802273' post='2861881']
I saw Vic Reeves was there on the first night. :lol:
[/quote]

Also found out this morning that John Wetton was at the Brighton gig.

Loads of good pics on TLev's site: http://papabear.com/tours/crim15/crim15_7.htm for example

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1441809710' post='2861960']
Speaking of speaking, I found it odd that No One Spoke to the audience from the stage.
[/quote]

I think a slightly adapted version of this would have done the trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbuowTL1nSg

Well I enjoyed them last night at the Lowry. The three drummers worked really well to my ears. I think due to their tight rehearsal and arrangements. Also 'middle drummer' played a lot of mellotron on the older songs. Didn't think I'd get to hear 'Easy Money' live! It was great, as was 'Schizoid Man', 'Court of the Crimson King', 'Epitaph' and the mighty 'Starless'. As near to a greatest hits tour that Fripp will do. Winning back his rights to his royalties probably influenced his decision.

Anywho Tony Levin was on top form equipped with Salmon 5-string MM and his 4-string with 'Three of a Perfect Pair' paint job. And his stick and EUB (Steinberger?). Well done all concerned...

[quote name='jacko' timestamp='1442489404' post='2867287']
Tonight's the night. Even gives me the chance to use the tram for the first time.
[/quote]

Have fun then! You're in for a treat.
If the forefront of art ever meets the more mundane needs of the general audience, it's here.

I also hope you'll like the KC concert.

Great show at Usher Hall last night, sound was the best so far of the three gigs I've seen. (I had a quick hello with the soundman, and said well done on what must be a really hard show to balance what with the three drummers. he said "yeah this room's a bit live to be honest" - but that meant all the saxes and the bass were a lot better presented, bass and the lower saxes tended to mud out at previous shows)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1423065106' post='2680231']
Haven't bothered much with kc, as they were a bit before my time. Will have to get round to it.
Does tony levin still do solo gigs?
[/quote]

What, is he reforming The Sunshine Band? "That's the way a-ha, a-ha, I.... (Pardon?)... I'll get me coat.

• 2 months later...

From KC's facebook feed:

"King Crimson will be touring Europe next year. The band return to Aylesbury once again but from there will play countries not included in the 2015 itinerary. It will be the first time King Crimson have performed in Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Denmark and Norway since 2003.

Sunday 4th Sept Aylesbury Waterside Theatre UK
Monday 5th Sept Aylesbury Waterside Theatre UK
Thursday 8th Sept Stuttgart, Beethoven-Saal, Germany
Sunday 11th Sep Berlin, Admiralpalast, Germany
Wednesday 14th Sept Prague, Forum Karlin, Czech Republic
Saturday 17th Sept, Zabrze, House of Music & Dance, Poland
Sunday 18th Sept, Zabrze, House of Music & Dance, Poland
Tuesday 20th Sept, Wroclaw, National Forum Of Music, Poland
Wednesday 21st Sept Wroclaw, National Forum Of Music, Poland
Friday 23rd Sept Copenhagen, Falkoner, Denmark
Monday 26th Sept Oslo, Sentrum Scene, Norway
Tuesday 27th Sept Oslo, Sentrum Scene, Norway

Please note that Aylesbury tickets will go on sale Saturday 5th December at 10.00 a.m. All other tickets will go on sale Friday 27th November"