Why become a member? ×

King Crimson UK tour

toneknob

• 9 months later...

I saw the second show (third if you count the "Friends & Family" secret show on Saturday) last night at the Waterside in Aylesbury. New to the set were Lizard, Cirkus, Fracture, Heroes, as well as the usual rotation of old and new hits. No Larks' Tongues for us last night though.

Tony Levin on fine form as ever armed with 4- and 5-string Stingrays, NS Electric Upright and Chapman Stick (no fretless apart from the NS).

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1473165308' post='3127545']
:o
[/quote]

Here's last night's setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-crimson/2016/waterside-theatre-aylesbury-england-3bfc6c24.html
Click through for Sunday and Saturday.

Also gear-wise TLev was using an Ampeg amp (not visible) and a Kemper Profiler, which he was tinkering with throughout, and is modern enough for me to not really understand.

And hot off the DGM press, "As promised, we are uploading a song from every night of the 2016 European tour - a slightly random selection from the setlist taken direct from the soundboard for those who are either following the tour at a distance, or seek a memento of the gig that just rattled their senses. And what better place to start than "Easy Money" from the family and friends show at Aylesbury."

Start here: http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?artist=35&show=2083

[quote name='tom skool' timestamp='1473194455' post='3127966']
Excellent, Thanks toneknob. I was at the friends and family show, amazing!
[/quote]

Excellent - I think I'd have had a little episode at that Cirkus-Fracture-Lizard section of the first half had I been at that one.