Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1456313246' post='2987632']
Just had a second Maruszczyk PES40 strap turn up, seriously amazing straps for the price.

Si
[/quote]

They are. I had to let me lovely aged brown strap go with my Oly Jake.

Hmm.. what colour should I ask to be included with my new Jake...?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456314086' post='2987647']
They are. I had to let me lovely aged brown strap go with my Oly Jake.

Hmm.. what colour should I ask to be included with my new Jake...?
[/quote]

Extremely happy i am with it too both bass and strap :D :D

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456317138' post='2987705']
My last one was a PES35, I think.
[/quote]
[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1456319365' post='2987754']
Mine was the PES35 aswell
[/quote]

Great, thanks!

Are they suede type of fabric on the back? All leather ones I've had in the past tend to slip a bit.

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1456320104' post='2987773']
Great, thanks!

Are they suede type of fabric on the back? All leather ones I've had in the past tend to slip a bit.
[/quote]

Mine isnt. It's matte on the front and shiny on the back. I have no slip issues at all, the bass balances pretty perfectly. I'd go as far as to say I prefer it to my Comfort Strapp. The leather is nice and tough too, once its over the strap button it aint going anywhere, it did take some convincing to get over in the first place though :)

After 3 Rehearsals, I can say it was a very good Decision to go with Alder/Rosewood instead of an Ash Body this Time. Sounds amazing. Feels like a very good Addition to my Laki 55-02 wich is Ash/Maple.

[attachment=213372:20160226-P2260161.jpg]

[attachment=213373:20160226-P2260164.jpg]

Edited by AREA

I emailed Adrian earlier today just to remind him that I wanted it strung with flats. I just received this reply:

"Hello, your bass would be ready next week and will come with the next delivy, I think 2-3 weeks,"

Talk about bang on schedule. Excitement levels at Ez Towers just went through the roof! I think I need a lie down :D

Are they going to be at the LBGS? I might be joining this club soon but I'd like to try the Jake basses first if at all possible.

Also - and this is a small point - I'm not a fan of the 'jake' name and the general graphic appearance of the headstock, do you guys think it would be naughty to ask for a plain headstock, or one that has my own artwork on it?

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1456510436' post='2989900']
Are they going to be at the LBGS? I might be joining this club soon but I'd like to try the Jake basses first if at all possible.

Also - and this is a small point - I'm not a fan of the 'jake' name and the general graphic appearance of the headstock, do you guys think it would be naughty to ask for a plain headstock, or one that has my own artwork on it?
[/quote]

You can just have the centred M logo, like mine

[URL=http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/ashrome/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8730.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/ashrome/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8730.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1456510436' post='2989900']

[/quote]

Yeah, the headstock logo does seem to be quite divisive. I don't mind it - the font is close enough to the TV logo to keep me happy.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456515954' post='2989999']
I've just emailed Adrian to change my spec for the millionth time. He's sent a very patient and understanding reply, even though I know he's actually sticking needles in an effigy of me.
[/quote]

Post the spec already!!!

[quote name='AREA' timestamp='1456490479' post='2989544']
After 3 Rehearsals, I can say it was a very good Decision to go with Alder/Rosewood instead of an Ash Body this Time. Sounds amazing. Feels like a very good Addition to my Laki 55-02 wich is Ash/Maple.

[attachment=213372:20160226-P2260161.jpg]

[attachment=213373:20160226-P2260164.jpg]
[/quote]Thats very cool Thomas, Hope your enjoying the Lakland. I suspect those control knobs will be changed soon.?

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1456515684' post='2989994']

You can just have the centred M logo, like mine

[URL=http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/ashrome/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8730.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/ashrome/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8730.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

Cool, I don't mind the logo as much as the word Jake and the 'player to player' text. Not a huge deal at all, just a small thing.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1456541281' post='2990188']
Thats very cool Thomas, Hope your enjoying the Lakland. I suspect those control knobs will be changed soon.?
[/quote]

Yes. I've ordered them already, but they delivered one wrong Knob, so I've only mounted the two smaller ones for the EQ on the Elwood. The Knobs on the Lakland are just perfect.

Edited by AREA