Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage 2

acidbass

Up for sale is my beloved Warwick Streamer Stage 2. It's a German Made one built in 1997. The specs are as follows -
[list]
[*]Afzelia Body
[*]Wenge Neck
[*]Neck Thru Design
[*]24 frets
[*]Wenge Fingerboard with Yin Yang Inlay
[*]Scale Length 34"
[*]Active MEC J/J Pickups
[*]Active MEC 3 Band Electronics
[*]Warwick Tuners
[*]2 piece Warwick Bridge
[*]Warwick Just-A-Nut I
[*]Jim Dunlop recessed straplocks
[*]Finish - Natural Oil
[/list]
She's a veteran of many live gigs, but has always been kept safely in it's hardcase (which I'm including). I've also waxed it regularly with the supplied beeswax to maintain the quality of the finish! There are a couple of small dings on the back of the bass, caused by my belt buckle, but they in no way affect the playability of this great instrument and cannot be seen while playing! I can send pictures of these on request. The bass does appear a little darker in real life than in the pictures, due to the camera flash.

The bass will be shipped via courier in a full flightcase, along with a tin of Warwick wax, adjusting tools and a new set of roundwound strings. Any of you Warwick heads will know that this is one of their higher end instruments, just below the Custom Shop lines in terms of quality and craftsmanship.

[b]£700 o.n.o[/b] Will also consider trades for quality fretted 4 string basses.

Any questions - please feel free to PM me!

Thanks for looking,

Danny

[quote name='simondee' post='258250' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:01 PM']total absolute bargain.

someone buy this quick.[/quote]

+1 Sold mine for £750 and i was giving it away.... !!

This should be sold by end of play today !!

Warwickhunt's on holiday too..... he'll be gutted !!!

Good Luck fella....

ATB

Mark

Edited by Marcus

Just to quickly point out that it has the brass Just A Nut I and the Jim Dunlop recessed straplocks. Don't mean to be pedantic, it is just some people like myself look out for Warwicks made with these specs. Looks lovely though! :)

Edited by s_u_y_*

What a bargain !!
Am i seeing the right price??

I've been gassing for one of these for along time & this comes along at the wrong time,
just as i've commited myself to buying a flat screen tv, after months of earache
courtsey of her indoors & my daughter.

I'm sure it'll be snapped up very very soon.

Edited by Bernmeister

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='258660' date='Aug 9 2008, 05:39 AM']Just to quickly point out that it has the brass Just A Nut I and the Jim Dunlop recessed straplocks. Don't mean to be pedantic, it is just some people like myself look out for Warwicks made with these specs. Looks lovely though! :)[/quote]
Yep, and don't forget the wenge neck, either :huh:

Hello again all,

Just to confirm - the cost is £700 but that doesn't include shipping, which to most mainland UK destinations will be around £30 (insured up to £1000).

I prefer payment by personal cheque. I do however use PayPal, but would like to arrange a split of costs if you prefer to pay that way!

Thanks for all the interest so far, and I hope someone will get lucky soon!

Danny

[quote name='Master blaster' post='259036' date='Aug 9 2008, 09:20 PM']very nice bass. i wish my car wasn't in the garage getting repaired cos otherwise ide buy it. Does Dirk Lance (ex incubus) use he 5 string version of this??[/quote]

One of the reasons I bought it :) Great player

[quote name='Marcus' post='258259' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:05 PM']+1 Sold mine for £750 and i was giving it away.... !!

This should be sold by end of play today !!

Warwickhunt's on holiday too..... he'll be gutted !!!

Good Luck fella....

ATB

Mark[/quote]

I'm still watching though :)

Seriously bad timing for me though as I have just committed to buying another bass otherwise I would have taken this just for the hell of it (at that price it is silly money). I still have a SSII and I'd not sell it for a penny under £1200! There may well have been a couple of SC/REVERB basses sold at a cut-price but this is still a cracking price.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='259312' date='Aug 10 2008, 03:33 PM']I'm still watching though :)

Seriously bad timing for me though as I have just committed to buying another bass otherwise I would have taken this just for the hell of it (at that price it is silly money). I still have a SSII and I'd not sell it for a penny under £1200! There may well have been a couple of SC/REVERB basses sold at a cut-price but this is still a cracking price.[/quote]

You have too many Warwicks anyway, mate!

(Cheers from Samuel, formerly The Swedish Owl @ warwick forum)