Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Acquired today through Nick Smith my Status MK Artist 4...colour is misleading - more bottle green than the blue in the photos but I'll update these time permitting..

[attachment=98510:Status MK1.jpg]

[attachment=98511:Status MK2.jpg]

[attachment=98544:Status MK3.jpg]

Edited by TheGreek

ok so thought I'd add mine to the ever growing list!!!!

first up, S2 bolt on - wasn't 100% sure on the colour but i wanted one anyway so bought it and actually its not that bad i kinda like it!

second up my 'project', status jazz graphite neck (hence qualifying to be in this post i think!) mated to a spalted maple/mahogany body - looks great and plays great too!!!

[attachment=98595:DSCF9453.JPG]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1327860879' post='1517820']
Acquired today through Nick Smith my Status MK Artist 4...colour is misleading - more bottle green than the blue in the photos but I'll update these time permitting..

[/quote]

swee' lor'...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1327860879' post='1517820']

[/quote]

Gone to a very good home!

Nice bass. Centre tone blocks are usually walnut with wings made from mahogany. There are sometimes other woods used. The front and back look like either rosewood or cocobolo. you could try posting this on Statii.com. There are members there who know a whole lot more about these than I do.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1328302664' post='1525347']

Aha! You didn't say "No" though, did you?

There's no stopping me now I have this photo-bucket business sorted out! I can see why people have problems with it, but it's quite easy once you've done it a few times. I had the same problem with making ringtones for my iPhone, but I do it without thinking about now, even after the crafty gits at Apple interfered.
[/quote]

No I didn't say no....I've tried a few times to acquire a great quality Stealth 2 but so far not managed it. I just find the 'monooque' Status basses so easy to play and they never need adjusting once set up.

Still not sorted how to post pics on new BC - still its stopped me trading and selling too much!

My Status necked jazz. Cool bass but being a four... It doesn't get much of a look in, I tend to stick to fives! It's a nice instrument though and with the matt finish on the back of the neck, it looks (the weave looks awesome in satin) and feels great. Bartolini pickups, Hipshot hardware... through strung. Pretty cool.

Does a mean Marcus impersonation - even when passive, like it currently is. Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='mojobass' timestamp='1327877861' post='1518292']
ok so thought I'd add mine to the ever growing list!!!!

first up, S2 bolt on - wasn't 100% sure on the colour but i wanted one anyway so bought it and actually its not that bad i kinda like it!

second up my 'project', status jazz graphite neck (hence qualifying to be in this post i think!) mated to a spalted maple/mahogany body - looks great and plays great too!!!

[attachment=98595:DSCF9453.JPG]
[/quote]

My old S2 :(

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1329063473' post='1536638']
It reminds me of the Mark King Fender jazz basses. Only better, without the woefully bendy necks and shoddy fretwork!
[/quote]

Is this experience or hearsay? Im surprised youve actually seen or played one of the 42 MK Fenders.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1329114163' post='1537205']
Is this experience or hearsay? Im surprised youve actually seen or played one of the 42 MK Fenders.
[/quote]

Hearsay, though I recall seeing some Level 42 board posts from MK diehards who had ordered them from Fender (lucky as it was a very limited run) and found them to be pretty lacklustre in their build. Tellingly, Mark used them for about 5 minutes and then went onto those GB basses, which sounded crap in fairness. (the Ohne Filtre DVD showcases this dire tone).