Why become a member? ×

A quest to replace a 4x10 with 2 1x12s

tauzero

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1419286658' post='2638478']

I'll clarify..top end 2x210 or a 410 will put paid to a top end 212...
[/quote]

I really don't see how you can justify that general statement without comparing the engineering specifications of the actual cabs in question - or maybe I'm missing something here?

Frank.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1419358541' post='2639138']
I'd say most bands in that situation are using in ears for the full band, nothing but stage dressing, that said so would I :lol:
[/quote]

it doesn't have to be loud... but feeling that air moving behind you is really nice :)

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1419371288' post='2639346']
I really don't see how you can justify that general statement without comparing the engineering specifications of the actual cabs in question - or maybe I'm missing something here?

Frank.
[/quote]

What do you think that will tell me..??

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1419416222' post='2639680']
Get a fan!
[/quote]
[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1419427517' post='2639851']
lot lighter than an 810! I suppose one could hook up a fan to a spectrum analyzer than blows more or less air according to the output of the amplifier :P
[/quote]
Build it into a pair of jeans and I think you could be onto a winner Ampeg self flapping flares? (Ashdown have copywrited the amp with a built in flare system though) :D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1419008485' post='2635704']
IME I'd happily recommend 2 Bergantino AE112 cabs or 2 Barefaced Super Compacts.
[/quote]

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1419012748' post='2635759']
A couple of Berg AE112's will do the job and they weigh around 32lbs
[/quote]

And these turned out to be the winners, and JTUK just happened to know someone selling a pair of them :D . After a NYE gig with them, I'm very happy. Plus they give me even more permutations on the car-sized Tetris that I do for every gig (bass gear plus PA and foldback and some lights).

I use 2 x 210s apart from it being equal to 410 the 2 x 210 for me are also that they are easy to carry and one on top of the other gives me 2 of the 210s at a decent monitor level

I did use a 212 on its own for a while, but even placed on its side its not the same as my 2 x 210

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1420154133' post='2646268']
And these turned out to be the winners, and JTUK just happened to know someone selling a pair of them :D . After a NYE gig with them, I'm very happy. Plus they give me even more permutations on the car-sized Tetris that I do for every gig (bass gear plus PA and foldback and some lights).
[/quote]

I presume there is another TKS order on the books now then? ;)

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1419008485' post='2635704']
What amp will you be using?

IME I'd happily recommend 2 Bergantino AE112 cabs or 2 Barefaced Super Compacts.

I used 2 AE112 cabs for nearly 7 years (loudly, with 5 string basses and lots of low mids dialed in) and they easily took over from my Epifani 410. I didn't miss the 410 at all. I'd recommend the CN212 but, at 46lbs, it's over your limit. IME it's worth extending your weight limit to include the CN212.

Last week I saw 2 Super Compacts in use with a TC RH750. What a great sound that was. One of the best I've heard in recent years.
[/quote]

This, end of thread.