Why become a member? ×

Show your Wals... Appreciation Thread

overwater#1

Oooooooh, Rob. That's really gorgeous (well apart from the missing frets and superfluous strings top and bottom ;) :D Lol!).

They say a week's a long time in politics but knowing it's ready and beckoning... that is one loooooooong week!

I have already indulged myself in an NBD thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/308935-nbd-wal-fretless-six/page__pid__3337808#entry3337808"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/308935-nbd-wal-fretless-six/page__pid__3337808#entry3337808 [/url]but thought i'd sneak a quick pic in here too...

2015 Ziricote fretted & 2017 Figured Maple fretless

• 1 month later...

[quote name='medpb' timestamp='1504732762' post='3367011']
My Wal's

I did once before post these photos on the Wal Facebook thing but i got my life back and dont do Facebook anymore : ) Its so liberating lol.
[/quote]
Very nice.
You don't see many maple necked Wal's.

[quote name='medpb' timestamp='1504782053' post='3367247']
Your right you dont actually! It was one of Petes few last basses too, very sad. He put the Mk3 neck joint on for me as well. Killer bass !
[/quote]
Very nice.
I thought it looked a bit hybrid, couldn't work out why, what with the maple neck as well.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Urban Bassman' timestamp='1499435120' post='3331562']
I had some very exciting news from Paul over at Wal HQ today. My MKI was scheduled for early Dec but it seems that it will now be ready in September! He sent me a photo of it to show where it's got to in the build and...damn it's pretty. It looks better than I imagined it would. Roll on September! Here's the pic.
[/quote]

Here's a quick update for you all. I've just post this on Wal Bass Lovers Facebook page but I thought I'd share it here to.

On the left is the new MK1 on the right is a recently acquired 1988 Fretless. Both Birdseye Maple and Ebony Boads, both utterly wonderfully. I'm totally made up!

Not sure why it's sideways on...posted ok on FB....

[quote name='medpb' timestamp='1504782053' post='3367247']
Your right you dont actually! It was one of Petes few last basses too, very sad. He put the Mk3 neck joint on for me as well. Killer bass !
[/quote]

So being near the end, does your maple Mk2 have adjustable pickup poles, or does it have domed slugs?

[quote name='Kevsy71' timestamp='1508223870' post='3390541']

Beautiful facings Jamie, and the red silks look great on it! What year..?
[/quote]

Hi mate, thanks, Shedua is such a nice looking wood. It's an '86. I seem to have had a few mid eighties basses recently and they've all been fantastic.