Why become a member? ×

For someone who doesn't like pedals etc...

stingrayPete1977

I have ended up with this! :lol:

[URL=http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141113_215636_zpsmmhtlanx.jpg.html][IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141113_215636_zpsmmhtlanx.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Set up with my practice 1x10 cab to test my theory.....
Genz Benz Shuttlemax 9.2 head that has 2 channels with an FX loop for each plus a global FX loop and EQ.

Behringer BDi21 in/out of the Genz rear panel valve channel FX loop to warm up the Passive [b]Jazz bass [/b]into the valve channel, select the AB pedal to line 2 for electric bass then select the valve channel on the head using the Genz Benz foot switch.

Same lead and AB line 2 but switch to fairly flat set EQ FET channel on the Genz head when using a [b]Stingray [/b]so no BDi21 unless you blend the two channels using the foot controller.

Then when I swap to [b]Double Bass [/b]I switch the AB pedal to line 1 which is the other lead (maybe a wireless at a later date stuck to the rear of the finger board) and that brings in the Fishman Platinum Pro EQ to shape the tone and help with feedback, I must remember to select the clean FET channel on the head using the foot controller or I will end up with the valve and BDi21 when using upright bass!

Lol, easy right? what can go wrong? :D

Similar to me Pete

A/B bass guitar and upright, BDI121 for peck drive on the BG, off for finger stuff, compressor, Boss GEB7 to sort the EUB out, evrything else off and a Nox mod core for silly sounds when the mood takes me.

Looks like fookin River Dance sometimes :lol:

Edited by Les

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1415917188' post='2605319']
I have ended up with this! :lol:

[url="http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141113_215636_zpsmmhtlanx.jpg.html"][/url]

Set up with my practice 1x10 cab to test my theory.....
Genz Benz Shuttlemax 9.2 head that has 2 channels with an FX loop for each plus a global FX loop and EQ.

Behringer BDi21 in/out of the Genz rear panel valve channel FX loop to warm up the Passive [b]Jazz bass [/b]into the valve channel, select the AB pedal to line 2 for electric bass then select the valve channel on the head using the Genz Benz foot switch.

Same lead and AB line 2 but switch to fairly flat set EQ FET channel on the Genz head when using a [b]Stingray [/b]so no BDi21 unless you blend the two channels using the foot controller.

Then when I swap to [b]Double Bass [/b]I switch the AB pedal to line 1 which is the other lead (maybe a wireless at a later date stuck to the rear of the finger board) and that brings in the Fishman Platinum Pro EQ to shape the tone and help with feedback, I must remember to select the clean FET channel on the head using the foot controller or I will end up with the valve and BDi21 when using upright bass!

Lol, easy right? what can go wrong? :D
[/quote]

It's an LED feast....

I desperately want to get down to just bass plugged straight into amp, simple and easy to carry. But I can't seem to ditch the pedals completely... I keep taking a BDDI, then the thumpinator ends up in the bag as well.. before I realise what I'm doing the gigbag is full of stuff again.

The Behringer BDi21? Its actually plugged in with a double ended 9v lead to the output from the TC polytune which handily has in and out, that gets its 9v from the plug in transformer and a lead with 5 ends in a daisy chain.

Adaptor in mains outlet - Behringer AB100 pedal - Fishman pro eq - TC polytune - Behringer Bdi21 :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1415992372' post='2605978']
TBH most of them are off most of the time, I was pimping it for effect, lol
[/quote]

My Glockenklang has a green led that lights up when the EQ is engaged.... I run the amp flat but engage the EQ anyway because the green light looks cool..... I'm not proud of myself... :mellow:

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1415992323' post='2605975']
The Behringer BDi21? Its actually plugged in with a double ended 9v lead to the output from the TC polytune which handily has in and out, that gets its 9v from the plug in transformer and a lead with 5 ends in a daisy chain.

Adaptor in mains outlet - Behringer AB100 pedal - Fishman pro eq - TC polytune - Behringer Bdi21 :)
[/quote]

Ta for that.

I run the all-in-one Boss 50B pedal set, and having searched for the tone I wanted for ages I found it a few weeks ago, the holy grail of bass sound I wanted. I turned everything off on the pedals and the amp EQ/compression. I still use pedals, but just for the tuner function. I did manage to play the first half our opening song "Too Hard To Handle" at a gig last week one octave up though. I knew it sounded wrong, but it took me a minute or so staring at the pedals while putting myself off to work out which setting I'd knocked, turned out to be the octave setting. Turned it off, played the set, got moaned at in the interval by the landlord for the bass being too loud, ignored him, and pulled of a great second half. Every time I've played there he says the bass it too loud so I just ignore him now or suggest he turns the PA up more!

Too many pedals = far too much opportunity to mess up!

Cheers,
Rich

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1416167113' post='2607562']
All of that lovely tone sucked away by the Behringer pedal!
[/quote]
unless I had a big valve head I just find the passive jazz a bit empty, maybe if there was a second guitarist it would be ok but it needs something to fill it out a bit imo :)