Why become a member? ×

SEI JAZZ 5 STRING BASS FOR SALE

Kingbassist

[u][size=5][b]SEI JAZZ 5 STRING BASS FOR SALE[/b]
[b]MODIFIED BY CHRIS MCINTYRE[/b][/size][/u]

[u]Description[/u]

Sei Jazz 5 in ‘Off White’. Originally built at The Gallery for Paul Turner of Jamiroquai. Ash body. Beautiful Flame Maple neck. Rosewood Fingerboard with Oval inlays. Neck Binding with blue side position L.E.D.s. Bartolini Soapbar pick-ups with 3 band Bartolini preamp. Coil taps for both pick-ups. Strap Locks. Comfort Strap.

[u]Modifications by Chris McIntyre[/u]

Neck re-lacquered with AC lacquer and McIntyre name added
New nut fitted. Ebony/Aluminium
New frets
New ‘crushed ice’ scratch plate added
New truss rod cover added
Bolts and cups renewed at neck joint

Good condition. Only minor wear at rear/bottom of bass. Comes with SKB case. Case has general wear and one of the latches is broken but still offers good protection for the bass.

This is a beautiful and versatile bass and I'll be sorry to see it go. I'm only selling it to fund yet another Jazz bass! [u][b]£950.[/b][/u]

Cheers, Ian

[quote name='walbassist' post='254631' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:28 PM']That's very nice.

Do you mean he removed the Sei logo and re-badged it? If so that's a bit naughty!

Cheers

Gareth[/quote]

Well, he was re-lacquering the neck so I guess he had to.. Also, Chris McIntyre was the main luthier at The Gallery for a number of years and would have made this bass when he worked there.. So I just went with the re-badge y'know..

[quote name='Kingbassist' post='254645' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:35 PM']Well, he was re-lacquering the neck so I guess he had to.. Also, Chris McIntyre was the main luthier at The Gallery for a number of years and would have made this bass when he worked there.. So I just went with the re-badge y'know..[/quote]

Whilst Chris certainly did a lot of the woodworking (he built my old 6) I'm not completely sure he was "the main luthier" (I visit the Gallery a lot and have done for many years, and was/am quite friendly with both Chris & Martin, although I haven't seen Chris since he left). I know there were some "issues"...quite possible he built the bass though, but still, it seems a bit of a step to rebadge it, a bit like Vinnie Fodera rebadging a Ken Smith. Regardless, I think I'll stay out of this one, although I'd be interested to hear what Martin would say....

Edited by 4000

[quote name='Kingbassist' post='254645' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:35 PM']Well, he was re-lacquering the neck so I guess he had to.. Also, Chris McIntyre was the main luthier at The Gallery for a number of years and would have made this bass when he worked there.. So I just went with the re-badge y'know..[/quote]

Really nice looking bass but I'm not sure about re-badging something because of a refinish to the neck lacquer.

Sei basses have a fairly long pedigree and this helps with the value etc. An example of this is that you've listed this as "Sei Bass" and not as a "McIntyre".

I'm not having a dig at you for this, just a bit surprised that Chris would have wanted to re-badge really.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bassmanady' post='265785' date='Aug 19 2008, 06:45 PM']Thats alot of bass for the price...really like it....but have bought 2 basses recently so no funds[/quote]

Cool, thanks... Yes I think I'm asking a pretty reasonable price for what it is... cheers

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='molan' post='254812' date='Aug 4 2008, 08:05 PM']Really nice looking bass but I'm not sure about re-badging something because of a refinish to the neck lacquer.

Sei basses have a fairly long pedigree and this helps with the value etc. An example of this is that you've listed this as "Sei Bass" and not as a "McIntyre".

I'm not having a dig at you for this, just a bit surprised that Chris would have wanted to re-badge really.[/quote]

To be honest; I would simply put the sei logo back on.
It can't be a difficult job to do. ( chris m. could of course have gotten hold of a sei logo too, instead of putting his own on.)

Edited by abc

• 2 weeks later...