Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1442333956' post='2866147']
'The Monkees' name is actually badly spelt and grammatically incorrect. It was meant to be 'Les Mes Clefs'.
[/quote]

I've just come back from a daytrip to Monkey World [url="http://www.monkeyworld.org/"]http://www.monkeyworld.org/[/url]. Coincidence?

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1442403476' post='2866653']
Frustrated with 60s recording technology, Jim Morrison had a vision of the future and called his band The Digital Audio Workstations. Sadly, this proved a bit of a mouthful, so the name was frequently abbreviated and misheard.
[/quote]

It turned out to be no better than reel-to-reel technology. The cross talk on Break On Through (To The Other Side) was terrible. They had to record it two times.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1442410602' post='2866769']
It turned out to be no better than reel-to-reel technology. The cross talk on Break On Through (To The Other Side) was terrible. They had to record it two times.
[/quote]

Riders on the Storm was originally just called The Storm, but the band were so impressed with the charity-shop instruments they used on the track that they decided to credit them in the title.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1442415495' post='2866806']
Riders on the Storm was originally just called The Storm, but the band were so impressed with the charity-shop instruments they used on the track that they decided to credit them in the title.
[/quote]

... but the addendum to their touring contract caused mayhem.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1442530795' post='2867674']
Israeli 60's Popsters Esther and Abi Ofarim originally planned to record their Hit "Cinderella Rockafeller" in Esher but in the end opted for St Johns Wood....
[/quote]
I'd forgotten about that pop gem, now I remember the video they shot, on the Zebra crossing.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1442560667' post='2867720']
I'd forgotten about that pop gem, now I remember the video they shot, on the Zebra crossing.
[/quote]

Times have changed since then, nowadays you would not be allowed to shoot a Zebra crossing. However being Israelis and Kibbutznics, they were at ease with the bare feet rule

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1442581777' post='2867979']
Seventies novelty hit [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK3ZP6frAMc"]Popcorn[/url] was re-recorded some years ago in an advertising tie-up, by a band calling themselves I Can't Believe It's Hot Butter.
[/quote]

Don't be embedding video links please, otherwise readers will think this thread knows what it's doing......

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1442745137' post='2869104']
That's only cos he's French- Canadian
[/quote]
[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1442707928' post='2868954']
Michael Bublé only drinks champagne, or Perrier if driving.
[/quote]

Ah Yes, whatever happened to Reggie Perrier and CJ?