Why become a member? ×

Gone thanks.
£1250

karlfer

VERY regretfully over the weekend I have come to the conclusion I will never gig this beautiful bass. It deserves to be with the band on Strictly or Jools, not the Polished Knob in Todmorden (no disrespect intended).
For a cash sale £1150 collected from Wigan, or plus £40 insured courier, UK.
My TRADE value on it is £1250.
I will be pinching some of Loz's advert. I would ask him but he's not been on since June and the ad is still in the public domain. Don't really want to disturb him.
So.

Sei Singlecut Series II (Melt) in cocobolo and flame maple. Basic details as follows:

neck - 7 piece, flame maple and purpleheart
board - highly figured birdseye maple
body - ash with continuous wood cavity covers
facing - cocobolo and highly flamed maple (bookmatched to centre) with 'melt' joint (also, black laminate between facings and body)
pickups - bareknuckle PJ
active pre - Demeter three band
scale - 33" approx 19mm spacing at bridge, adjustable
side markers - LEDs in red
Very light at about 8lbs.

Controls
Push/pull for volume and side lights activation
Pick up pan
Bass and treble, centre cut/boost.
Mid, push pull for passive/active, with passive tone control.

Very happy to look at trades with cash either way. Sorry but must be 4 strings and fretted. CS Fenders and the unmentionable R word (do that through Karl Altdorfer on Facebook though please, not on the forum).
Link to a previous advert [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/173063-sold-sei-singlecut-series-ii-melt-pj-configuration-headed-4-string/page__view__findpost__p__1610209__hl__sei+melt__fromsearch__1"]SOLD - Sei Singlecut Series II (Melt) - PJ configuration....[/url]
Gutted.
Cheers,
Karl,
Wigan

[url="http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/DSCF0682_zpsd810a5a4.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/DSCF0683_zps79d5c06d.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by karlfer

Ah, so sad to see this doing the rounds again. It's a lovely, lovely bass which I owned for some time. I sold it to buy a Sei fretless which unfortunately someone beat me to. If someone wants incredible playability with unique looks and really light weight (I would have said it's under 8lbs), it's all here. It sounds pretty good too. ;) Kind of wish I had the funds, but unfortunately I don't.

If you still had a certain creamy white signature model made somewhere in California I could certainly have found a few hundred quid to start negotiations :lol: :lol:

To me, this is for top giggers or studio use, it's just too damned nice for the pub gigs I do.

Further pm's replied ta.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1415108494' post='2596734']
If you still had a certain creamy white signature model made somewhere in California I could certainly have found a few hundred quid to start negotiations :lol: :lol:

[/quote]

Too bad, I may have been up for that! :)

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1415112427' post='2596798']
Stunning that Karl, The Back of the bass is a work of art, Lovely workmanship. GLWTS.
[/quote]

Thanks Si, the front ain't too shabby either :) .
I don't know if it always works, but click on the photo, it should go to Photobucket. Just to the top right of the picture you can click on a magnifying glass symbol and it opens up full page photo.

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1415123496' post='2596965']
Too bad, I may have been up for that! :)
[/quote]

My Dragon always said my timing was crap :lol: :blush:

Just been offered (amongst quite a few things) a Mesa BB750 and Vintage Powerhouse cab.
My eyes said yes yes yes, my spine said don't even think about it :P

Thanks Martyn, appreciated.
If two of your stunning Warwicks were 4 strings............

Anyway, despite a good number of offers and a couple trying to raise funds, doubt this will go as swiftly as my other SEI did. Single cut are marmite and cash is in short supply. This may be a relative bargain but it is still a lot of money.
So, further pm's replied.

Sound clip was asked for. I don't do that sort of thing, no equipment or knowledge.

FORTUNATELY, the man who commissioned the bass, Alex, from the Bass Gallery, does do that sort of thing and has left it in the public domain, so, linky!
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vcsxF8T9150"]▶ Sei 42 - YouTube[/url]

Edited by karlfer