Why become a member? ×

Mesa walk about scout stack

Wonky2

Thought I'd go nuts and treat myself :)
Just picked this up tonight from a fellow bc'er (cheers andy)

[URL=http://s296.photobucket.com/user/myzeneye/media/imagejpg1-13.jpg.html][IMG]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/myzeneye/imagejpg1-13.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

4ohm combo and 4 ohm cab, this thing is rattling the fillings out my head!!!
The sound is just superb.

Looking forward to having a fiddle during non asbo enticing hours.
Mrs wonky is in for a shock when she walks in to the living room tomorrow morning and see's the new addition ;)

Might need some tips with the parametric is any one is familiar....?

Edited by Wonky2

[quote name='Wonky2' timestamp='1412986857' post='2573982']
Might need some tips with the parametric is any one is familiar....?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/WalkAbout.pdf"]Page 10 of the manual[/url] is a good place to start...........

[quote name='funky8884' timestamp='1413027599' post='2574273']
Why would you need casters ?
[/quote]

I have a rather nasty auto immune disease which results in a type of inflammatory arthritis called ankylosing spondylitis..... Sometimes walking is hard never mind lugging this little brute :)
Suffer a fair bit with it , hands have to go it hot water a lot to loosen them up, but I refuse to stop playing :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1413027855' post='2574280']

[url="http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/cst-quickdetach.html"]http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/cst-quickdetach.html[/url]

[/quote]

That looks great, and I had considered something very similar which Costco have on sale for around £15!! Very well built and folds up nice.
I have used amps with castors before and when they are nice heavy footed ones they are great for moving things around. I like the trolley but don't think it bout tough out crossing car parks and such too well ? (Maybe wrong on that )

I've looked at castors on eBay, don't mind paying a bit for something quality, but I'm stuck on which fixing type to go with..... There are two types, one with a floor plate and four screw holes, the other with a stud.
I don't fancy having four screw holes on each corner and would prefer one neat hole with a large flat washer and a lock nut..... Just means taking speaker out to access inside and fasten lock nuts down....... Seems like surgery for something simple ?
Also, the back bottom part has a recess and the back casters would have to either move inwards, potentially making the footprint offset and unstable , or have them set in the corners but the back lock nuts and stud being visible from the back ?

Has any one else fitted actors to their walkabout , what type did you use?

But yes, the truck seems the easy solution....

Sorry to hear about your inflammatory arthritis and I hope you can continue playing.
I would expect you would loose some coupling as you raise the passive radiator off the floor but the walkabout head has oodles off bass so it can easily added if you need it.

Another option could be to offload the cabs and purchase a pair of TKS 112's as they are very light.

[quote name='funky8884' timestamp='1413031851' post='2574342']
I used to use the handle on mine for short distances or for positioning , and longer distances I would cradle it like a baby , never was keen on all the bumps that trolleys or casters can transmit to amps.
[/quote]
Agreed, that's why the castors I'm looking At are heavy duty rubber jobs, i figured that the large the footprint of the rubber on the ground the more like the original foot it will be.... ??!

[quote name='keeponehandloose' timestamp='1413029301' post='2574312']
I have the number of a good glazier and roofer when the windows and slates come loose.
Glad your happy with the rig, I can almost hear it from here!
[/quote]

Hahah bet your neighbours are pleased to see someone driving off into the distance with them....... ;)
great to meet you last night andy.

For anyone out there doing any future deals with andy (keeponehandloose) great guy, pleasure doing business....

On second thoughts, re the casters.... I think the trolly will be the best option.
Casters will prevent stacking....

Anyone know where I can get one at a reasonable price?
The fold up one from Costco is cheap but looks strong, however, the mesa one looks nice and small, purpose made obviously :)