Why become a member? ×

Mesa Walkabout 12 - SOLD
£725

TPJ

ALL GONE NOW.

I bought the head off here a few years ago and bought the combo cab separately. The cab is the older style and is 4 ohms. The head is the red face type with dual inputs. Serviced in the last year or so and not used too much. I use this as my doubler amp for electric and double bass. These are great amps...loud, portable, and a full range of tones. This cab has two handles on the sides while the handle on the top was removed. The screws are still there so a new top handle could easily be re-installed from the looks of it. I prefer the two side handles as it makes it a little easier to move around. Comes with the Mesa cloth cover. In great condition with no issues that I know of.

Collection only from Wakefield. I'm also willing to meet within a reasonable distance (50-60 miles).

No trades, I need cash for another double bass.

UPDATE: The cab is now sold. [s]The head is still available[/s]. The head is now sold too.

£[s]725[/s] £[s]700[/s] £[s]450[/s]. Cash on collection or bank transfer, no paypal.

Edited by TPJ

Is this still here? That must be a record for one of these!!

Someone please buy it. I've only recently bought the 15 version, and it's so good I'm considering buying this as well!! Please remove the temptation!

And don't let the handles put you off, I'm seriously considering doing the same to mine.

GLWTS and all that.

[quote name='Wonky2' timestamp='1412710732' post='2571272']
I would have it if it was the 15........ Are these things loud, like full band loud?
[/quote]

Hi Wonky, depends on what you mean by "full band". I've used it in 3-5 piece bands and never had a problem. At one power trio gig I brought both this combo and 2 Aggie GS112 speakers. First set I played the Aggies and second used just the Mesa and there really wasn't much in it. You can get a lot of sound out of these without pushing the amp and using it sensibly. If you are battling two guitarists with 4x12 cabs you might struggle, but I would think any single 12 would in that scenario.

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1412760894' post='2571640']

Hi Wonky, depends on what you mean by "full band". I've used it in 3-5 piece bands and never had a problem. At one power trio gig I brought both this combo and 2 Aggie GS112 speakers. First set I played the Aggies and second used just the Mesa and there really wasn't much in it. You can get a lot of sound out of these without pushing the amp and using it sensibly. If you are battling two guitarists with 4x12 cabs you might struggle, but I would think any single 12 would in that scenario.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll give it some thought......

[quote name='Wonky2' timestamp='1412762242' post='2571663']

How do you mean, the 12 is the more desirable model or the volume is low?
[/quote] the 12 is the more desirable model according to internet based wisdom ....

• 1 month later...

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1416754780' post='2613179']
Bump
Can anyone offer up a reliable and safe courier?
[/quote]

Iv'e used Interparcel, UPS, twice recently for sending expensive basses. I do make sure the packaging is very good too.
Both have arrived safely, so can recommend them.
Cheers
Thebassman

pm's replied

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1416760240' post='2613259']
Iv'e used Interparcel, UPS, twice recently for sending expensive basses. I do make sure the packaging is very good too.
Both have arrived safely, so can recommend them.
Cheers
Thebassman
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I've had problems shipping cabs and amps in the past, though not with the ones you've mentioned. The couriers seem to like to just drop the things off the trucks. Never very good for the insides of valvey things. I've also had some speakers end up being ripped from the force of being dropped. :/ It's hard to protect them no matter how much packaging that is used.