Why become a member? ×

But I don't want the new U2 album on my phone :-(

malbass

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1411368508' post='2558707']

I did and it wasn't
Disappointing and self-indulgent
Sorry
[/quote]
I didn't like it much at first but one or two tunes got their hook into me and now I feel the album is slowly reeling me in. Disappointing... I can understand but what did you feel was self indulgent about it?

I recently upgraded my version of iTunes but no automatic upload of the album. However I'd already downloaded from the iTunes store for nothing so I assume the system already knew i had it and didn't bother downloading it again. Only listened to it once on the plane going to Cyprus and have a load of other stuff to listen to before i give it another whirl so can't comment on whether I like it or not. I imagine I will end up including one or two tracks (probably whichever singles are released) on the playlist for my iPod associated with the band. I'm still sticking with my 'thick phone' for the moment so no possibility of an automatic download - it doesn't even have a camera on it ffs! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1411560130' post='2560613']
Bono , stay off my iTunes
[/quote]

Looks like he got the message:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29630291

"a touch of generosity" ??? Do me a favour :lol:

Generosity would have been for multi-millionaire tax dodgers to give away the songs for free WITHOUT having already taken a $100m bung from Apple :rolleyes:

As mentioned above, Mr Bono has issued a statement:

"A drop of megalomania, a touch of generosity, a dash of self-promotion and a deep fear that these songs that we poured our life into over the last few years mightn't be heard' said the bulkening frontman, peeling an onion and holding it to his nose

"There's a lot of noise out there. I guess we got a little noisy ourselves to get through it," he said with uncharacteristic humility. Tears rolled down Mr Bono's crinkly face as he embarked on an extended mea culpa:

'I'm sorry if I ever made anyone jump all those times I clapped my hands. I also deeply regret taking a directorial position on the board at Fender. Apart from my suggestion for scented microphones, I can't think what else I can bring to the mix. I humbly apologise for signing off on the Adam Clayton bass which is basically just any old Jazz off the line with a printed signature on the back. Or the front. I can't remember. '

Drawing a deep, shuddering sigh Mr Vox continued:

'Truthfully, my entire life has been a complete waste of time; hubris and self-deception have been woven into every thread of my pathetic existence. I shall be addressing these issues in my forthcoming solo album, this to be produced by Mr Daniel Lanois, featuring a stellar cast of 'World Musicians' and including a duet with Mr Robert Plant.

'Let no one say I am irrelevant!' Mr Bono thundered, his eyeballs pressing dangerously against the inner surface of his trademark wraparound shades.

Edited by skankdelvar

Saw an article on BBC website yesterday, where bonehead was trying to get a bit of sympathy regarding the free download . '' we're just a few Irish boys..' Blah blah blah..
It doesn't matter where he comes from. Being Irish is no excuse for being a twunt !

Now , if someone were to nail him to two planks of wood. Leave him in a quite area .
Three days later, return to cross and see if he really is God.
If he is, then I'm not worthy etc.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1413408624' post='2578087']
As mentioned above, Mr Bono has issued a statement:
....a touch of generosity,....
[/quote]

Yeah, right.

"Bono added that Apple had "paid" for the giveaway, and reports have suggested that prime placement of banner ads publicising the album on the iTunes store and other publicity provided by the tech firm [url="http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/6251364/exclusive-guy-oseary-on-u2s-100-million-deal-with-apple"]might be worth as much as $100m (£62m)[/url].
Sales of earlier U2 albums have re-entered iTunes' charts and the band has also raised its profile ahead of an expected tour as well as a planned follow-up album called Songs of Experience."