Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Sei Singlecut Headed 6

lozbass

Available until Monday evening - 4th August

Hi all, I'm selling this Sei Singlecut 6 and a Sei Flamboyant 5 (please note, the Flamboyant 5 is now sold - this 6 is still available) - both are gorgeous instruments (they simply don't get sufficient play time). The bass comes in a Bass Centre branded Hiscox case in very good but not perfect condition. The price is a firm £1375.

A few details:
Top: Thuya
Neck: ash and maple
Board: Macassar Ebony
Circuit: Bartolini 3 band
Pickups: Bartolini

String spacing: 19mm (around 10mm at the nut)
Nut: 58mm; neck width at 24th fret is 95mm

The neck is very slender front to back - the board is wide but still fast. The action is very low. The bass was set up by Ged Green in Manchester with Overwater light strings about 3 weeks ago and has had little play time since. Condition is excellent - there are a couple of tiny blemishes but the bass could pass for new or nearly new - there are no scratches or dings anywhere on this bass (most instruments on a dealer's floor would have more/more significant marks). There really isn't a blemish that I could photograph or one worth pointing out. The bass has a very clean, clear and articulate tone - it's extremely resonant when unplugged. The headstock wears a Macassar truss rod cover fashioned by Ged - this is really sympathetic in design and complements the head and body shape perfectly (it's also a neat and tidy solution to the open truss access). I'm not sure of weight but the bass is beautifully balanced either sitting or on a strap (gold strap locks included) - my scales say around 9lbs. More details tomorrow. Please feel free to request more details or photographs. Cheers, Lozbass

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='bassjamm' post='249197' date='Jul 27 2008, 10:32 PM']Hi mate,

What's the scale length and string spacing...and do you have any pics?

Thanks
Jamie[/quote]

Hi, pics later today (evening I hope) - for now, string spacing is +/- 19mm at the bridge (around 10mm at the nut). Scale length is 35". This is quite a big board but the action is very low and it's not difficult to negotiate your way around.

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='249639' date='Jul 28 2008, 02:54 PM']Very nice Lawrence, can I ask what you're getting in its place.[/quote]
Hi all, pics added (and of the Flamboyant) - thanks for the comments and PMs.

What to get? I'm thinking of a commission for a short-scale singlecut five (E-C) - I'm finding that shorter-scales are easy to cope with (reduced tension) and the E-C aids my musicality (it's helped me to get out of a rut and get a bit more melodic!)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='250067' date='Jul 28 2008, 11:27 PM']No, you're not alone - I see 11 photos of the 6-string, none of the Flamboyant.[/quote]

Hi Molan, Happy Jack - thanks for alerting me to this. I'm not sure what's going on - I can see the photographs (about 8 of the Flamboyant) with my browser - they went up around 10.00pm last night. I'll check from another connection later today and see if I can work something out. I've had messages from other Basschatters who can see the pictures...I'll try to find a solution.

...Oops!...just a thought - the Flamboyant is advertised separately - the photographs of the 5 don't appear in this thread (sorry if I'm misleading anybody).

Edited by lozbass

Hmm, that's lovely. If I'd sold my CS I might consider going for it (although the spacing is probably too wide for me in reality - I'm a 16mm man myself - and I find the Series 2 singlecut comfier), but that doesn't look like it's happening, which in this case is probably a good thing as I'm supposed to be paying stuff off, not buying more!

Edited by 4000

[quote name='4000' post='250844' date='Jul 29 2008, 09:49 PM']Hmm, that's lovely. If I'd sold my CS I might consider going for it (although the spacing is probably too wide for me in reality - I'm a 16mm man myself - and I find the Series 2 singlecut comfier), but that doesn't look like it's happening, which in this case is probably a good thing as I'm supposed to be paying stuff off, not buying more![/quote]

Haha - this is a feeling I know all too well! I hate selling this but it's a travesty that it doesn't get exposure - it's a gorgeous bass but the scale is beyond me (I'm heading to shortsville...fast!)

[quote name='Bossajazz' post='251602' date='Jul 30 2008, 08:10 PM']Hi Lozbass,

Just wondered where you are based? I used to own Martin's No2 singlecut and would consider another. I take it is 36" scale (like AJ) with the Overwater strings?

Cheers,

Alan[/quote]

Hi Alan, thanks for this - the scale on this singlecut is 35". From what I know of the history of this bass, it was commissioned as a close match (but not in all details, of course) to AJ's presentation F. It has a wide board and wide string spacing - it's very articulate, clear and open - a kind of natural, precise, uncluttered sound. I'm in central Manchester - let me know if you're interested and I'll keep you updated (I have somebody viewing tonight and another serious potential purchaser arriving at the weekend). Cheers, Lozbass

Hi all, please note that this Singlecut 6 will be advertised here until Monday evening (4th August) - if it remains unsold, my intention is to withdraw the ad and sell the bass via consignment/brokerage. Please let me know quickly if you're interested - I'm around throughout the weekend. Cheers, Lozbass

Bump and last call for this one - please let me know if you're interested. I'll need to withdraw tonight or tomorrow morning (Tuesday, 5th August). I'll include postage and insurance in the price (or deduct £75 for pickup). Cheers, Lozbass

To any potential buyers/interested parties, I dropped-in on Lawrence last Saturday, and had a good noodle-around on the singlecut, it's a truly amazing bass, and looks [b][u]even nicer[/u][/b] in the flesh... I had serious troubles in tearing-myself-away from it - it very nearly came home with me... it sounds amazing - great tonal options with the Barts, and it's been setup beautifully

Also, a massive recommendation for lozbass himself - really helpful, accomodating and a thoroughly decent chap!!