Why become a member? ×

Just been to Hyde park..,

Sabbath were great .ozzys voice held up most of the time . Sound was poor for a voile of songs .

Sound garden were ok. They lates the supeunkmown album. Haven't played it for yeArs as I went off of them for a while . Good set apart from 2somgs.
Lemmy looks very poorly . Motörhead started off well, but grated on me after a few songs.
Great drummer , but solo too long.

First time I saw soulfly. They were good.

Stayed in the same part, so missed the other bands. Great day out

Thank you . Sorry to hear you never went . Btw; forgot to mention faith no more. They basically played what they wanted. A few good songs.the fans loved them.
I used to be a fan . I found them patchy. Loved the track they played on the encore, ' get him on the f@@ king phone ' I think it was called .

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1404512914' post='2493484']
I haven't been to Hyde Park today. I'm very sad about that :( .

Glad you had a good time though.
[/quote]
+1

Would absolutely love to see Sabbath and Faith No More again.

I was there! Black Sabbath were brilliant, big surprise Ozzy was singing ok! The sound, when it was running ok, was very good. Geezer's bass was stunning, they played a killer set.

Horses for courses, I thought Soulfly were terrible - not my thing more than a quality issue. Motorhead went through the motions, poor old Lemmy's hands were trembling badly all the time. I enjoyed Soundgarden, not familiar with too much of their stuff but I thought they played well.

But for me Faith No More were a revelation. Not seen them before, only slightly familiar with their material so by no means a fan, but they were razor sharp. Played every note like they meant it. I loved the image, the whole set dressing of white sheets and flowers, the priest outfits, the fact they all (except the drummer) look like they left their city jobs and dressed for the gig. Mike Patton was so completely on the money - hit and held the notes every time, great presence, spat out lines from The Exorcist and the rites of Exorcism here and there. It was a monumental front man performance backed by a tighter than tight band.

Food choices were good, free water, not enough toilets. I drove up - parked in the Q6 car park, got back home without a single second hold up. Great day out.

Edited by Paul S

Loved Faith No More, wish they'd had a longer set but it was really great to see them. Soundgarden playing Superunknown in full was just amazing for me, one of my all time favourite bands and they were on great form, loved every minute.
Sabbath were as dull as always so headed off not long into their set.

Edited by Subbeh

we got there after soulfly had played, so we missed them. Saw motorhead, and it did seem like he was standing quite still, but still played well. Only recognised 2 songs really as im not a massive fan. I wasnt too familiar with faith no more, so i thought they were a bit meh. Loved soundgarden though. We were queued in the burger queue for ages, and halfway to the food stand, they started, so we jibbed the food off to see them and werent disappointed, though i was expecting rusty cage.

I loved Sabbath though! We were in the burger queue again waiting for food, and they started right as we were near the front so we thought we put too much time into the queue (40 mins by this point) and had to listen to war pigs while awaiting food. Was excellent. and i was bouncing around when they played children of the grave! Left as they started paranoid, though they were so loud, we heard the entire song as we were leaving. Brilliant day, though we didnt get as close as we wanted to

Soundgarden played all of Superunknown end-to-end, a concept that annoys me generally (I want a gig's set to be an unfolding surprise) and specifically (I prefer Badmotorfinger anyway, and half of Superunknown is a mediocre sludgefest). But anyway Let Me Drown/Fell on Black Days/Superunknown/Black Hole Sun/Spoonman were good.

Sabbath: brilliant to see Tone and Geezer in such awesome form. Drummer was random rock bloke, and Oz was in good form for Oz, so below average. I wandered off for food mid-set, and then it started raining so I went home.

Such is the ambivalence of the £2.50 ticket buyer! And as such, I got much more than my money's worth for the bit of Superunknown I liked and half a Sabbath set. Did anyone else get cheap ones? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/10930613/How-can-you-get-Arcade-Fire-tickets-for-2.50.html - although a gig chum on Friday suggested that the "leak" might not have been an accident but a ploy to get beer-buying punters in to boost high-profit sales (Fosters = £5/pint, Heineken = £5.50/pint - the Heineken had run out by 6pm on Friday)

Must say , Fnm had a big crowd.
Used to like sound garden . Saw both Fnm and them a few times at their peak.
Looking at the super unknown album, you could see why they broke up. One or two of the songs sounded like they were strung out on heroin or something. Always been a hit and miss band for me .

I went to Sonisphere that weekend but I do wish I went to see sabbath here then Metallica at sonsipshere because I've always wanted to see sabbath live but never had a chance.

Edited by JJW